Kudler Fine Foods
Kudler Fine Foods is a chain of specialty food stores that provide the finest food and wines to the general public. There are three locations of Kudler Fine Foods: 1. La Jolla
2. Del Mar
Kudler’s Key Business and Accounting Information Needs
* Financial reporting, multiple year reporting
* Budgets and Budget Reporting detailed to the department store level * Chart of Accounts
* Head Count
* Check Printing
* Multiple Bank Accounts
* Tax and Freight allocations
* International Addresses
* Cash Purchases
* On Cash and Carry Basis
* Via POS Register Sales are provided on a daily basis-vital report Point of Sale
* Provides all detail of retail sale-in depth from item code –store clerk * Interphases the data to the systems modules- accounting can run reports and see what the overall picture is of the business * Handling of debit card and credit transactions
* Reconciling checks, deposits and account balances
* Cash flow analysis
* Generators for system back up needed to support Finance and Accounting systems 24/7. * Security features for passwords, dollar limits, limited access * Disbursements for $1000 need the approval of CFO or President. Disbursements over $5000 need the approval of both the CFO and the President.
Current Computer System of Kudler Fine Foods
Kudler Fine Food’s system is a great system considering their size of business. The hardware Kudler Fine Food utilizes is great and provides their needs and demands. Kulder Fine Food’s hardware consists of the following; Novell 4.11 Server for POS and is very reputable; 56k modem; UPS standalone, 4 terminals with POS PII WIN9x, 1 of PII w NT Server IIS4 Winfax Pro with built in modem and CDROM reader, Computer 64 mg ram Win 9x Office 97 Server xls inventory spreadsheet and equipped with...
Core Concepts of Accounting Information System Author: Nancy A. Bagranoff copyright © 2008 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Personal work experience dealing with system implementations
Please join StudyMode to read the full document