Name: ………………………… Class: ……………………… Date: …………….
SUMMATIVE TEST 3
Theme: Investigating Materials
Instructions: Each question is followed by four options, A, B, C and D. Choose the correct answer.
1. | Razi kept the following food in a cupboard. Which food would be the first to spoil? | | A | | B | | | C | | D | |
2. | Which of the following are the characteristics of spoilt food? | | I | It is colourful. | | II | It is slimy. | | III | It is mouldy | | IV | It has an unpleasant smell | | | | | A | I and II only | | B | III and IV only | | C | II, III and IV only | | D | I, II, III and IV |
3. | Diagram 1 shows dark spots on a slice of spoilt bread.Diagram 1Which of the following microorganisms are growing on the bread? | | A | | B | | | C | | D | |
4. | Which of the following conditions are the most suitable for microorganisms to grow in? | | A | Hot and dry | | B | Damp and warm | | C | Wet and hot | | D | Cold and warm |
5. | Food preservation is a process by which ... | | A | microorganisms are killed. | | B | food is treated so that it will keep. | | C | microorganisms are removed from food. | | D | food is made more tasty. |
6. | The information below is about the preservation of tapioca.i. The tapioca is boiled.ii. The tapioca is cut into smaller pieces.iii. The tapioca is dried in the Sun.iv. The tapioca is filled into a pack.v. The air is removed from the pack and then the pack is sealed. Which of the following are involved in the above process? J - Drying | L - Salting | K - Pickling | M – Vacuum-packing | | | A | J and L | | B | J and M | | C | L and K | | D | J, L, and M |
7. | Mak Munah uses more vinegar to preserve fruit. Which of the following about the fruit that is preserved by Mak Munah are true? | | I | The taste of the fruit changes | | II | The