Read the following questions carefully and make your choice.
Introduction to Marketing Research
1. Boeing commissioned Harris Interactive, Inc. to conduct a study to determine the aircraft preferences of fliers. Boeing did this because they understood the importance of continuously monitoring the dynamic marketplace and understanding the needs and priorities of Boeing customers. -TRUE
2. Informative capitalizes on the need for “recent” marketing research by providing clients with data on a weekly basis.- FALSE
3. Toyota conducted a secret market research project code-named Genesis which led to the development of the Scion line of cars.- FALSE
4. The Scion line of cars was advertised through traditional channels such as network television and magazines.-TRUE
5. Quick-Track® is a syndicated market research project conducted quarterly to track key consumer behavioral and attitudinal measures for all major fast food and pizza chains in individual markets.-FALSE
6. Marketing research is the systematic and objective identification, collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of information for the purpose of assisting management in decision making related to the identification and solution of problems (and opportunities) in marketing. - TRUE
7. Marketing research is classified into two areas—problem identification and problem solving research.-FALSE
8. Sales analysis research is a type of problem solving research. -FALSE
9. Once a problem or opportunity has been identified, market potential research is undertaken to arrive at a solution.- TRUE
10. Problem identification research provides information about the marketing environment and helps diagnose a problem.-TRUE
11. The findings of problem solving research are used in making decisions that will solve specific marketing problems.-TRUE
12. In the Kellogg’s example given in your text, as a result of problem-solving research, Kellogg’s...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document