DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE
HEADQUARTERS UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
29 January 2004
MEMORANDUM FOR HQ USAF/SCMSC
FROM: HQ USAF/SCMV
1250 Air Force Pentagon
Washington DC 20330-1250
SUBJECT: The Trip Report Format
1. Purpose: briefly state the reason for your trip. The report should answer the questions who, what , when, where, why, and how much, and then provide recommendations and conclusions. Attach meetings minutes or any other background documents that provide more detailed information, if needed. The format for the report is not particularly important The official memorandum shown here is a good example; however, if another format better suits your needs or your organization has a preferred format, use it.
2. TRAVELER(S): Include rank, first name or initial, and surname. Provide position titles if travellers are from different offices or organization. You may list names of members present in two columns to save spaces.
3. ITINERARY: List location(s) visited, inclusive dates, and key personnel contacted.
4. DISCUSSION: Base the amount of detailed information you include here on the knowledge level of your intended readers. Always include the trip objective, problems encountered, findings future commitments made and your contributions to the event.
5. CONCLUSIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS: Summarize your finds and/or recommended actions.
9102 NW 99th Street, Vancouver, Washington 98665
(800) 555-1212 – www.example.com
September 25, 2005
Mr. John Taylor
Director of Operators
100 E Main Street
Vancouver, WA 98685
Dear Mr. Taylor;
As our new letterhead indicates, we have recently changed the name of our business from fort Vancouver Manufacturing to Vancouver Manufacturing.
There has been no change in management and we will be providing the same products and fine service on which we have built our reputation in the industry. We would appreciate it if you would bring this announcement to the attention of your accounts payable department and direct them accordingly.
Thank you for being one our valued customers. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
Very Truly Yours
President, Vancouver Manufacturing
Roshan P. George
Please send me a copy of “How to communicate under pressure,” to replace the one returned here with this is a latest edition, but this copy has 4 pages, from 60-64 wrongly sequenced which is confusing and annoying.
The enclosed recipient was packed with the book when it was sent to me I shall appreciate an early replacement.
Roshan P. George
Lincoln Middle School
1412 W. Smarticus Ave.
Clarksville, TN 37040
Nov. 19, 2013
Chef Boyar Dee
c/o Con Agra Foods Inc.
1 Con Agra Drive
Omaha, NE 68102
Dear Mr. Boyar Dee:
My name is Mr. Sanchez, and I teach English at Lincoln Middle School in Clarksville, Tennessee. I’d like to have my students write fan letters to you, but I’m checking first to make sure this address is where we should send our fan mail.
If there is a difference address you’d prefer we use, please let me know. You can contact me at the following e-mail address [ email@example.com]. Thank you for your time.
1111 S.W. 22 Street, Miami FL 1111
Miami, FL 98695
Jan. 27, 2014
Dear Mrs Peterson:
I have recently filed an application for the position of manager in your company. I would like to express my continued interest in the mentioned position. I am certain that my extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry will serve as a valuable asset for your...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document