Towards rationalizing the cost of guarding at branches, night guards are being removed. This will mandate a change in the current process of closing the branch premises at end of day and opening of the branch at start of day.
The following process would need to be adhered to ensure the daily activity of opening and closing the branch premises is executed with zero disruption to the operations of the branch
• For all Branches 2 sets of key(s) will be made available by the Admin or BSG team.
• 1st set of key(s) will be in the custody of the BM/DBM.
• 2nd set of key (s) will be in the custody of designated person in the branch Ops (BSG) team.
• For branches having Banca presence a 3rd set of key(s) can be requested from Admin
• Custodian of the key(s) should be a permanent employee.
• The responsibility for opening and closing the branch will rest between the BM/DBM and BSG. It is suggested this be locally coordinated in a manner that is equitable & works well for the branch
• In case the designated person is on leave, key(s) should be handed over to an alternate permanent employee to ensure branch is not inaccessible to staff due to unavailability of key(s)
• In case the custodian of the key(s) resigns, the key(s) are to be handed over to the successor (a permanent employee taking interim or permanent charge) as part of the handover process. Handover of key (s) should be documented.
• If any permanent employee is working late/coming in early, BM/DBM /DOPS designate can issue his/her set of key(s) to the permanent employee and take it back next day. Handover of key should be documented.
• Temporary staff, Housekeeping staff or Security staff will not to responsible for handling the office key(s).