1. Correct the in-text citation in the sentence below.
Neither group showed any significant growth (Wong and Tuttle 2005).
Neither group showed any significant growth (Wong and Tuttle, 2005).
2. Correctly format the reference below.
Bretschneider, John Garrett and McCoy, Nancy Lewis, 1968. Sexual Interest and Behavior in Healthy 80- 102-Year-Olds. Archives of Sexual Behavior, Vol. 14, pp. 343-350. Bretschneider, J. G., & McCoy, N. L. (1968).
Sexual interest and behavior in healthy 80- 102-year-olds. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 14, 343-350.
3. Correctly format the reference below.
Hashimoto, Thomas. (March 13, 2000, p. 23). Seeing Red in November. Newsweek, vol. 199. Hashimoto, T. (2000, March 13). Seeing Red in November. Newsweek, 199, 23.
4. What is the correct way to format quotations longer than 40 words?
Place direct quotations that are 40 words or longer in a free-standing block of typewritten words and omit quotations marks.
5. Compose a direct quotation using only the underlined information from the sentence below. The quotation should be grammatically and APA stylistically correct. “Pride and Prejudice is a novel by Jane Austen that deals with issues of class, gender, and social status, in addition to being a love story.”
In addition to being a love story by Jane Austen, “Pride and Prejudice”, the novel also deals with issues of class, gender, and social status.
6. Rewrite the quote below so that it includes an explanation in your own words to the reader that Mr. Johnson is the founder of the Eat More Oreos Foundation.
“Mr. Johnson declined to comment on this article.”
Mr. Johnson, founder of Eat More Oreos Foundation, declined his comment on the article.
7. Does the sentence below need to be cited? Why or why not?
Bill Gates is the founder of Microsoft.
No, because this is a statement that can be proven.
8. Does the sentence below need to be cited? Why or why not?...
Cited: Adminstration, E. I. (2013). Natural Gas-U.S. Energy Informtaion Adminstration. Retrieved August 17, 2014, from Energy Informatio Adminstration: http://www.eia.gov/forecasts/aeo/er/pdf/0383er(2013).pdf
Association, A. P. (2013). The publication manual of the American Psychological Association (Sixth ed.). Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Assciation.
Bright, K. (Director). (2003). "Freinds" The One After Joey and Rachel Kiss [Motion Picture].
Feldman, R. S. (2013). Psychology and Your Life (2nd ed.). New York, New York: McGrew Hill Companies.
Frederick, M. (Producer), & Mangini, T. (Director). (2013). The NFL Concussion Crsis [Motion Picture].
Marinescu, C. (2013, February 03). Retrieved August 17, 2014, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BPLR9l0CYA
Russell, D. O. (Director). (2012). Sliver Linings Playbook [Motion Picture].
Please join StudyMode to read the full document