By Kayla Cornwell &
Jamaica is a country that located in the Caribbean Sea.
• Jamaica is part of a chain of islands called the Greater
It is 4,244 square miles.
• The capital of Jamaica is
Kingston, which is also it’s largest city.
• Population : 2,930,050
The Blue Mountains are the
Longest mountain range in Jamaica.
It’s highest point reaches 7,402 feet.
Very fancy coffee is produced on this
Mountain. Blue Mountain coffee is very expensive.
The Black River is one of Jamaica’s longest river
● The indigenous people of Jamaica came from
● Christopher Columbus claimed the land for
Spain in 1494 but in the seventeenth century it was won by. Britain.
● During this period sugar was in high demand
so they imported slaves from Africa to work the plantations.
Religion and Culture
● The predominant religion in Jamaica is
● There culture of Jamaica is a blend of British and African as a result of British rule
Jamaican meals are usually a relaxing time to socialize with family. Families usually pray before and after meals, and eating outside is very popular.
• Bob Marley ; (1945-1981) know for his career in music. He was a big part in the development of reggae music and has sold more than 75 million records
• Usain Bolt ; aka " lightning bolt " know for his achievements in track and field . He is widely regarded as the fastest person in the world.
Weather in Jamaica
● The hottest months are the summer months of
July and August. The average temperature for the summer is 88°
● The coolest times in Jamaica are the winter months of December to February. The average temperature at this time is 75 °F.
● Despite the mild temperatures year round,
the Jamaica national bobsleigh team has qualified for the Olympics many years.
● Is a parliamentary democracy
● The queen of England is head of state. Based
on recommendation of the
Citations: "Food in Every Country." Food in Jamaica. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Nov. 2014. "Jamaica - Language, Culture, Customs and Etiquette." The Translation Agency For A Complete Professional Translation Service. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Nov. .