FINAL PROJECT INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Adria Datu (0131101005)
Anisa Winursita (0131101127)
Eudia Sijabat (0131101162)
Novita Budirizkiyanti (0131101191)
Pasha Rionovan (0131101247)
m.k IT FOR BUSINESS
Aquamarine swimwear already has a website with an address: www.aquamarine-swimwear.com
This website was first launched in early 2012 and still in the process of development until now.
Planning objective of the website are:
1. Our website will have a function as a facility for aquamarine sales transactions in which consumers can directly access the payment through credit cards with various types and also has a shopping basket function
2. Our website will have a function as a facility for providing information for people who wants to know about Aquamarine swimwear either the history, products sold, and events that will be held / attended by Aquamarine swimwear.
3. Our website will have a function as a facility for giving the information about our lookbook every season.
4. Our website will have a function as a facility to accommodate all the criticisms and suggestions from customers as some input for aquamarine swimwear
Our website has several planning the content of the website itself, they are:
1. The introduction of Aquamarine (history)
2. Company Profile
3. Look book
5. Payment by credit card
6. Photos of products
7. Shopping cart
8. Criticisms and suggestions
9. Online chat directly with members of Aquamarine
10. Some Picture of the links widget
The Realization of our website
Explanation about our website
Aquamarine is a company that sells fashionable women’s swimwear. We have made the process of making our website since the last few months of 2011, and successfully launched our website to the Internet since early 2012. We create our website with a simple design with the purpose of keeping the customers who visit our website will completely focused on the products we offer. Our website has a link there are the home page, news, gallery, products, about, and contact us.
We have some interesting thing on our home page, we put some photos of the product and something that is "in" in the aquamarine, where photos can be switched itself automatically every few seconds. Below is the screen capture of our home page:
We use ‘news’ menu to provide information to our customers about things and events that we have or we will follow or held. Like for example for now we already follow Pop Up Market held by PMBS, we give the information about clearance sale, and the event we are going to held at the end of this month that is Pool Party as our season 2 launching event. Below is the screen capture of the “news” menu:
Our gallery menu gives the information to our customer about the lookbook of each season. Below is the screen capture of our gallery menu:
On the product menu we give the information to our customer about our products with the photos and the price, and if there’s any discount we’ll let our customer know in this page. Below is the screen capture of the product menu:
And if customer needs further information about the product, customer just need to click the product and will follow with the information about the price, the sizes, the photos of the front, side, and back view of the swimwear, whether there’s still some stocks of the product or it’s already sold out. The screen capture is like this:
There’s also an interesting thing in this link, where if you put your cursor on the picture, there will be another picture of the detail parts of the swimwear, the screen capture is shown below:
On the about link, we give our customer information about the company itself, our history like the origin of our name, and the screen capture is shown below:
On the contact link, we let our customer give us a message to ask something about our products, give some criticisms and suggestions, ask about the event we’re going to held or follow, and to order our products. The submit link will automatically linked to our company email, so the message will be sent to our inbox. The picture below is the screen capture of the contact link page:
We also have some menu that linked automatically to our profile in the other website like twitter, Facebook, ect. The screen capture is shown below:
The planned content and realization
We already have some planned content of our website before, and some of the planned that we have already realized are:
1. The introduction of Aquamarine (history)
2. Company Profile
3. Look book
5. Photos of products
6. Criticisms and suggestions
We also have some planned that we haven’t realized, there are:
1. Payment by credit card
2. Shopping cart
3. On-line chat with the members of Aquamarine
4. Some Picture of the links widget
We have not been able to realize some things we have mentioned above right now because we have not been able to work with a bank that can automatically linked with the credit card, and we have not been able to realized the other three things is because it requires website’s operator to make those new link and of course it requires some additional funding which we couldn’t do now.
The planned content and realization
We already have some planned purpose of our website before, and some of the planned that we have already realized are:
1. Our website will have a function as a facility for providing information for people who wants to know about Aquamarine swimwear either the history, products sold, and events that will be held / attended by Aquamarine swimwear.
2. Our website will have a function as a facility for giving the information about our look book every season.
3. Our website will have a function as a facility to accommodate all the criticisms and suggestions from customers as some input for aquamarine swimwear
We also have a planned that we haven’t realized, there is:
1. Our website will have a function as a facility for aquamarine sales transactions in which consumers can directly access the payment through credit cards with various types and also has a shopping basket function.
We have not been able to realize some things we have mentioned above right now because we have not been able to work with a bank that can automatically linked with the credit card. The benefits of the website for our business
1. It really boosts our sales because it’s a main gate for people to see our products while we don’t participate in bazaar or when we can’t meet each of our customer.
2. It’s a way to show our brand personality. The web design and layout really can show our customer about our personality, what color we use the most, our simple design also shows what we are before we can open a store in real physics and decorate it with our style.
3. While people haven’t notice our blogspot and what it uses for, people also see our news and achievement from our web.
Possible further development plan for our website
1. We’re on our way to gather the fund for our main transaction using credit cards, and shopping chart.
2. Add widgets and search bar in our web.
3. Make advertisement collums for people to use. But the content of advertisement is still inside fashion world
4. Make our multimedia features more vary. Like adding a video commercial in our hope page.
Planning of the purpose of making this BlogSpot are :
1. The place for our customer to share their comments and thoughts about our products.
2. Give feedback to our customer who has questions and hesitations about our products. Give brief explanation to them
3. Spread the news about Aquamarine Swimwear, what’s new to our schedule and updated news about our achievement.
Planning of the BlogSpot contents are:
1. A menu for consumer to share their thoughts and ideas of upcoming trends, design, and colors of swimwear
2. Wall to wall features to have in comment box but still in the hands of Aquamarine to filter it.
3. Have widgets for people to be more efficient in opening our BlogSpot
4. Multimedia features like photos and videos.
The content realization
1. The wall-to-wall features are available. Were we can share it too to Facebook and twitter. But unfortunately, our marketing and spread about our BlogSpot doesn’t spread as well as our website. And it caused us to have no comments at all for all of our posts. Below is the picture of the comment column
2. The widgets are available. Examples – We made links to get to our other related social media, to see the ‘about us’, subscribe, and to our posts
3. Multimedia feature like photos are available in all post but we haven’t had the time to make video ads or documentation that we can add to our blog
Our unrealized plans are:
1. A menu for consumer to share their thoughts and ideas of upcoming trends, design, and colors of swimwear.
Because we tried our best to explore the use of all widget and sometimes it doesn’t work well with what we expect to be. And we still don’t have the budget to use an outsourcing party to help us with this purpose
The benefits of our blog is:
1. Our website has the “News” bar at the top, but the content of news it self hasn’t been that informative for customer because the news bar only display picture with no explanation or report from the events. So, in our BlogSpot we can explain a little further about the news about Aquamarine like the date of the event and sale, etc
2. There is comments box that is more interactive then what we have in our web, because the “leave a comment” page in “contact” bar doesn’t allow your comment to be publish. It only appears in our admin page. So for our future development, we can see comments from our customer how good or bad our products are.
Possible further development plan for our blog:
1. To make our unrealized plan work well later. We’ll fine outsourcing party to help us with the computers.
Our planned purpose of having a twitter account:
1. To be the social media with the most updated feeds.
2. To communicate with our customer is the fastest way
3. To be the media of promotions
Planned content of our twitter are:
1. Information update for almost everyday
2. Contain the information for every season’s launching date and the details of new season
3. Information of our promos and sale
4. Information for our participations in bazaars
Target follower by the end of semester: min. 600
Realization: 245 followers
The target wasn’t fulfilled because we didn’t promote people enough to follow our twitter. But we did make some offers back at UNTAR bazaar last May, people will get 10% sale it they follow our twitter and like our Facebook fan page, but the promo didn’t get us to where we wanted.
For other planned content, all plans have been realized well. And we often post some pictures for customer to see when they can’t open our web or Facebook fan page
The benefits of having a twitter
1. We can easily communicate our promo and sales
2. We can easily made contact with our customer- by mentioning us
3. Other people can promote us when they mention us, and what we did was just re-tweeting them to get more attention from public.
4. We can easily inform our customer to meet us on events to buy Aquamarine.
How can we make twitter more effective on the future?
1. We will give lots of promo to get people to follow us. Examples like sale or other promo.
2. We will tweet people who bought swimwear from us and keep them updated by our tweets.
3. We will interact more with our customer by giving quizzes and prizes for random people to see that there is a benefit by following us.
FACEBOOK FAN PAGE
Our planned purpose of having a Facebook fan page:
1. To be the media that contains information in order to know more about Aquamarine Swimwear and to have more sense of belonging to our product. Because Facebook is still the media with the most large user in Indonesia.
2. To inform people about our accomplishment and achievement, and the report of them.
3. Place to comment for customer.
Planned content of our Facebook fan pages are:
1. History of Aquamarine Swimwear
2. Company profile
3. Look book
7. Online chat straight with our employee
But we can assure you that we don’t sell our products through Facebook. We only deliver the information. Until now, 126 people have liked our Facebook fan page.
Our target was to get 150 likes from our Facebook fan page. We couldn’t reach our target because we didn’t do enough promotions for our Facebook fan page.
The benefits of having a Facebook fan page
1. We can create brand awareness through Facebook, and it’s the fastest way to get the attention because we promote this fan page from all Aquamarine Swimwear’s team’s Facebook. So we can share things easily using our private Facebook to all of our combined friends and get the public attention
2. We can inform people easily
3. We can answers customers questions by the online chat on Facebook.
How can we make our fan page more effective?
1. Share more from our personal Facebook to get the brand awareness first from people who haven’t heard about Aquamarine Swimwear.
2. Make promos and sales for people who like our Facebook fan page.
This is a new social media that we approached. Instagram cannot be opened in computers and PC bit it is from iPhone and smartphone. The content of inatagram is basically photos.
We havet set a target yet for Instagrams followers and others because we made Instagram account in a sudden without planning.
Why we made Instagram account?
People now use androids and iPhone more that using blackberry. And Instagram itself encourage people to always post photos of what they like or even just random photos. And when people post photos, they tend to see the home page and see other photos they follow and sometimes they can repost them using their own account. So, its basically an easy way of advertising rather that twitter or Facebook. And by using Instargram, we can easily go abroad with our marketing approcah because Instagram doesn’t only work in Indonesia but more users of Instargram are from outside Indonesia. It spreads easily, and people can comment in a simple way. By just adding comment below the photo.
What do we post in our Instagram?
1.Photos from our events (bazaar and fashion show)
2.Photos of our photo shoots session ( sneek peak)
3.Our promotion posters ( sale, and other promotions)
The benefits of having an Instagram account
1. To be our efective, responsive and fast marketing approach
2. Easily know what people like, by seeing how much people like our picture posts
3. We can introduce our products easily to countries outside Indonesia
4. We can promote our self just in time by when people comment and like our picture posts.
How can we make our Instagram more effective?
1. More often to posts photos from our activities to make more brand awareness to people who haven’t know about aquamarine
2. Send feedback quickly from customer comments
3. Follow most of follower so they feel appreciated and tend to repost our post.
Social media is very important for our business, although we don’t apply e-business in our business but social media really boost our sales and increase brand awareness for our brand that is still new to the market. The most helping social media is Website and Twitter.
Why do we choose Website and Twitter as our most helping social media?
Website, because our main transaction and our “store” is our website. People see our products detail in our web, our fabrics, and the design by visiting our web. And it is the most contributive social media that affect our income. People tend to trust a brand when a brand has a website. People can think that the brand already stand by their own feet when a brand has a website.
Twitter, because our twitter account is held by one of our workers is her own blackberry, so whenever there is a new tweet, a new update our worker can easily reply and response to that people can see that we care about our customer. Latest event, latest promo, latest update about aquamarine can be share to our customer.