Apple – A Company
• Apple was founded on April 1, 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne to sell the Apple I personal computer kit. • Focused on designing and manufacturing consumer electronics and closely related software products.
iPhone Strategic Intent
Strategic Intent behind iPhone
• Develops, sells, and supports a series of personal computers, portable media players, computer software, and computer hardware accessories.
• Apple is the early mover in the product category and its strategy is to cash in on market before competition creeps in.
iPhone iPod Apple Macintosh Operating System with GUI
Assembled Personal Computer
• CATEGORY : Smartphone
– It 's the next-generation iPod – It 's the next generation mobile web browser and email client – It 's the next generation phone – It 's a software design innovation competing against hardware design innovations
IPHONE IS EVERYTHING
• Market Segmentation
– Elite class was 1st priority – Now focus is on the teenagers and office goers
• Geographic areas
– Already launched in the US, UK markets on NOV 9, 2007 – Phase wise launch in European and Asian countries
– User friendly interface – Accelerometer – Multitouch – OS X – Proximity
– Video of features
• Value creation
– Bundling "free" and generic phones with cell phone service – Network Providers pay $150 to $250 for handsets – It has created a phone that consumers see as sexy and desirable, so desirable in fact that they will actually pay $399 for one.
• Internal development
• Exclusive contract with AT&T in US • International expansion in UK, Germany and France • In next 3 months, planning to launch in Japan, India & China
– Super brand in iPod/Laptop and Desktop/ OS segment in US. • Price: $399 for 8GB storage capacity iPhone
– Plans start at US$59.99 a month – 450 minutes, –
Bibliography: • Search Engine • www.google.co.in • • • • • • • Websites www.wikipedia.com www.apple.com http://www.wired.com http://www.everyipod.com/iphone-faq http://www.appleinsider.com/articles www.brentevans.blogspot.com