Pre Lab Questions: (4pts)
1. What will you learn after completing the lab?
-The experiment will introduce different level of precision and measuring to the appropriate decimal place and will be familiar with measurements and weight.
2. Write the symbols and equation used to make a dilute solution from concentrated or stock solution. - The concentration of substance is described as molarity and this can be expressed as – Molarity = moles of substance per liter of solution.
3. Write the mathematical relation to calculate % error of your experimental results?
-Percentage error % = measured value –accepted value x 100
4. Write the relation between Kelvin and Celsius scale, and Fahrenheit and Celsius scale. -The Kelvin and Celsius scale are the same both are one hundred of between freezing point of water and boiling point at standard atmospheric pressure.
-Fahrenheit and Celsius scale it is an interval of 180 to cover the same range as 100 Celsius. The degree Fahrenheit is only 100/180 as large as degree Celsius.
5. What is a meniscus? Which level of meniscus would you record to get the correct volume of water from measuring devices?
-Meniscus is a measurement used for measuring liquids, for water and most liquids the line with the center of the meniscus reading in the bottom is used.
6. How would you clean the lab after completion? - Items in labpaq are generally used multiple times. Always clean and return un used items to the bag after completing experiment. -Clean used and left over chemicals with paper and place in a garbage or flush down using enough amount of water. -To clean from graduate cylinder pour the solution and clean with water several times. -Use a liquid dish washing detergent with