Management System based on the Structured
Query Language (SQL). It is very fast reliable and flexible Database Management System based on relation model that is developed to manage large volumes of data at very high speed with security. MySQL can be used for verity of applications but it is one of the most popular RDBMS used for the web applications on the Internet.
It is referred as open source because it can be run on different platform such as Unix, Linux,
Windows, OS/2, and etc. It is possible for anyone to use and modify the software. If you wish, you may study the source code and change it to suit your needs.
MySQL is based on a client/server model; its database package includes MySQL server and
MySQL client program. It supports all functionalities of a DBMS, such as standard data types; multi-line commands and ensures that transactions are complete within the ACID rules.
• MySQL are very fast and much reliable for any type of application.
• It is very Lightweight Database application. • Its command line tool is very powerful and can be used to run SQL queries against database.
• It Supports indexing and binary objects.
• It allows DBA to change the structure of table while server is running.
• It is a very fast multithreaded-based memory allocation system.
• MySQL is available as a separate program for use in a client/server network environment.
• The MySQL available for the most of all operating system platforms.
• Programming libraries for C, Python,
PHP, Java, Delphi etc. are available to connect to MySQL database.
MySQL 5 Features:
In traditional version of MySQL, there are some drawbacks that, it doesn’t support Procedures and Functions as well as Triggers. Now these features are included in the new version of
MySQL that is MySQL 5.0. Its features are:
Views is a virtual table, which acts as a table, but it contains no data. Views are