Internal Assessment outline
Eva Peron, the myth
To what extent was Eva Peron just a myth?
To what extent was Eva Peron a public figure, rather than a true Argentinian politician?
1. Who was Eva of Peron Duarte?
2. Who was Juan Domingo Peron?
3. What was the economic status of Argentina in 1949?
4. What was Eva Peron’s social status while living with her parents? 5. What was her job as a teenager?
6. What event made her famous in the public eye?
7. What was the “Fundacion Eva”, and what was their job? 8. What was Eva Peron’s contact with the international community? 9. What were the individual reactions of the nations visited by Eva Peron through the “Rainbow tour”? 10. What is the metaphor behind the name the “Rainbow tour”? 11. Why was Eva Peron considered megalomaniac?
Crassweller, Robert D. Perón and the Enigmas of Argentina. New York: Norton, 1987. Print.
Fraser, Nicholas, and Marysa Navarro. Evita: [the Real Life of Eva Perón]. New York ;London: Norton, 1996. Print.
Owen, Frank. Perón: His Rise and Fall. London: Cresset Pr., 1957. Print.
Plotkin, Mariano Ben. Mañana Es San Perón: A Cultural History of Peron's Argentina. Wilmington, DE: Scholarly Resources, 2002. Print.
Sonntag-Grigera, Gabriela. Eva Peron, Books, Articles, and Other Sources of Study: An Annotated Bibliography. Madison, WI: Secretariat, Seminar on the Acquisition of Latin American Library Materials, Memorial Library, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1983. Print.
Taylor, J. M. Eva Perón, the Myths of a Woman. Chicago: University of Chicago, 1979. Print.
Plan of investigation:
Eva Duarte was an Argentinian woman born in the outskirts of the country, in a low class family. She grew up to marry the successful politician and future president, Juan Domingo Peron. The first Lady, now known as Evita Peron, became the protective and...
Bibliography: by Sonntag-Grigera, Gabriela. The historical reliability of these documents will be evaluated according to their purposes, values, and limitations. These sources will help the analysis and further conclusions reached through out the investigation.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document