1. Using the scale on the interactive map, give the approximate distance in miles that the Pilgrims traveled in their journey from Plymouth, England, to Plymouth, Massachusetts.
-The pilgrims travelled approximately 3,350 miles.
(582.5 x 5.75)
2. Using the scale on the interactive map, give the approximate distance in miles that Lewis and Clark traveled from St. Louis to Ft. Clatsop near the Pacific Ocean.
- Lewis and Clark travelled around about 1,400 miles.
(273.2 x 5.125)
3. Using the scale on the interactive map, give the approximate distance in miles that the transcontinental railroad covered from Omaha to San Francisco.
-The Transcontinental railroad covered approx. 1,430 miles.
(279 x 5.125)
1. Thinking about what you have learned in this lesson, take an in-depth look at your hometown. Using the terms listed below, write a one-paragraph description of the town where you currently live. Please include the name of your city and state in your description.
-I live in Hervey Bay QLD Australia, the weather is very hot today and there is not a lot of buildings. It is in a tropical climate zone. I live near the ocean, close to fraiser coast which is just north of Brisbane. Fraiser coast is on the edge of Fraiser island which is a physical system in Hervey Bay. The large amount of hotels is an example of human system because it allows out city to be recognized as a tourist area.
2. Convince someone to move to a U.S. city of your choice, by describing the location using terms from the lesson. Be sure to include the name of the city and state you are writing about and make your response at least one paragraph in length.
-If you are thinking of moving to America you should try going to New York city. It is a great place due to its variety in weather and recreational activities. It’s famous due to it’s location on the Atlantic coast of the northeastern United States at the southernmost edge of the state of New York,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document