25 April 2013
Specific purpose: To inform my audience about the island of Aruba. Central idea: Today, I would like to share what is the geography of Aruba, what are the travel requirements to Aruba, what is the history of Aruba, and what are the popular tourism sites of Aruba.
Attention-getter: Raise your hand if you need or plan on taking a vacation this year. Are you planning your honeymoon or maybe a getaway vacation, Aruba may be the perfect place for you! Relevance to audience: For those of you who raised your hand and even those of you, who didn’t, let me be your tour guide. Credibility material: I have vacationed in Aruba for one week and I experienced some of the island and enjoyed some of the cultural people. Preview of speech: I hope to give you an idea of how wonderful Aruba is by allowing your mind to experience this One Happy Island. Before the tour you will need to answer the following four questions. What is the geography of Aruba? What are travel requirements to Aruba? What is the history of Aruba? What are the popular tourism sites in Aruba?
I. What is the geography of Aruba?
A. Aruba location on the map.
1. It is located 15 miles off the coast of Venezuela.
2. It is in the southern portion of the Caribbean.
3. It is also located outside the Hurricane Belt.
B. Climate stays the same year round.
1. It is a semi-arid climate
2. Temperatures range from 82.4 degrees to 91 degrees F. 3. It has no rain season and therefore, very little rain fall throughout the year. II. What are the travel requirements to Aruba?
A. A passport is required
B. Cruise fare
1. Carnival Cruise is a popular carrier
2. It cost between $700 - $800 per person
C. Airplane fare
1. American Airlines is a popular carrier
2. It cost between $610 - $700 per person
D. Hotels / Resorts
1. Price varies depending on accommodations
III. What is the...
Cited: American Airlines . N.d. Photograph. https://plus.google.com/ AmericanAirlines/aboutWeb. 24 Apr 2013.
. http://www.expedia.com. N.p.. Web. 24 Apr 2013.
. http://www.carnival.com/cruise-to/caribbean/aruba.aspx. N.p.. Web. 24 Apr 2013.
. http://www.aruba.com. N.p.. Web. 24 Apr 2013.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document