EXAMPLE OF INFORMATIVE SPEECH OUTLINE
General Purpose: To Inform
Specific Purpose: To inform my audience about McDonalds.
Thesis: It is important for us to know some of the background information about McDonalds because we are surrounded by them. I. Introduction
A. Attention Getter: Did you know that the McDonalds arches are more recognized than the cross? B. Thesis: It is important for us to know some of the background information about McDonalds because we are surrounded by them. D. Credibility Statement:
1. I used to eat at McDonalds all the time and I think most people can say the same. 2. I have watched documentaries, looked at magazines and researched the internet. E. Preview of Main Points:
1. First, I am going to talk about how McDonalds started
2. Second, how big they are today
3. Finally, I’m going to talk about what they do with some of the money they make. Body:
A. McDonalds first began as a barbecue restaurant
1. Dick and Mac McDonald opened McDonalds’s Bar-B-Que restaurant in 1940 in Bernardino California. a. 1948 is when the McDonalds we know today was founded.
The restaurant had been shut down in September then re-opened in December after changes were made. The brothers had turned it into a drive in self service restaurant. b. With all the new changes they made, They managed to get rid of all the food that need forks, knives and spoons, leaving the menu was to just hamburgers, cheeseburgers, soft drinks, milk, coffee, potato chips and a slice of pie. c. Eventually in 1949 their French Fries that we all know and love came into the picture and they got rid of the potato chips.
2. 1954 is a big year for McDonalds with the "fast food's founding father." Coming into the picture. (PBS 1) a. Ray Kroc was salesman who would sell things like paper cups and mixers in 1954 while visiting California he came across the McDonalds Brothers restaurant.. He liked what...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document