1. Share 1-3 informative topics in class. (Audience analysis) o Poll your audience of peers for their interests…unless you are very passionate about a specific topic. YOU select your proposed topic. o Get proposed informative topic approved by instructor.
2. Informative speech should have a minimum of (5) five recent & quality references in Bibliography. o You must cite at least three (3) of these sources during your speech.
3. Informative speech is four - six (4-6) minutes in length. A one-minute (1 min.)
“grace” period is allowed. A speech not falling within the 4-6 minutes time range will have points deducted.
4. Notes must be in formal sentence-outline form. (Follow COMM 1317
Informative Outline Template)
5. On the day you speak, submit final draft of outline and a Bibliography/Works
Cited in MLA or APA style to the instructor.
6. On the class day immediately following your speech, o complete a 2-3 page (TYPED DOUBLE-SPACED) analysis of your
Informative speech (see questions/guidelines on “Blackboard
Assignments/Short Written Papers”). o submit your assignment electronically as an attachment via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. *CommCoach (see External Links on “Blackboard”) is an online learning environment designed to help students improve their oral presentation skills. The website contains video clips illustrating effective and ineffective public speaking practices, as well as an interactive feedback component designed to foster students' ability to critically evaluate presentation segments.
In order to view the video clips, you will need to have Macromedia Flash Player 8 installed on your computer. http://myweb.stedwards.edu/corinnew/commcoach/ 1
Speech TWO (Informative)….…………………....… 100 points (4-6 min)
FOCUS OF ASSESSMENT:
INTRODUCTION/CONCLUSION Specifics o YOU MUST open with an impactful statement! o YOU MUST close with the same impactful statement as you did