You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 5 pages and is made up of 4 Sections.
Name: Sholade Stanley
Section 1 – Understand the purpose of information technology in a business environment
1. In relation to your current business environment (or one that you are familiar with), identify at least two different types of information technology that may be used when completing work tasks.
• Spread sheets • Databases • Word processing • Information exchange
2. What are the benefits to businesses (and others) of using information technology for doing work tasks?
The benefit of using information technology is that it is faster, precise and well-organised. With this method one could use the following; spread sheet, word documents, sound files or images to make it easy and understandable for the receiver.
The benefits to businesses and others of using information technology for doing all work tasks are that’s it is a fast accurate, efficient flow of information which is the life blood of any business, the two important aspects to information exchange using I.T are sending and receiving emails and using internet to find out information.
Section 2 – Understand how to manage electronic and paper-based information
1. Explain the purpose of agreeing objectives and deadlines when researching information.
If possible, refer to