|The university of zimbabwe | | | | | |MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS | |ASSIGNMENT | | | |QUESTION: | | | |Apply what you learnt in the marketing communication planning chapter to assess the extend to which the marketing communication plan to the | |organization you were attached to is consistent with the best practice (what is in the book). | | | |NAME : RUDO | | | |SURNAME : MUROMBO | | | |REG NO. : R089806W | | | |PROGRAMME : HBBS – MARKETING IV | |LECTURER: MR N. MUZONDO | |[Due Date:22 OCTOBER 2012] |
Unilever plc, a multinational manufacturer of home, personal care and food products with over 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, is a vibrant multinational company which sells products in 170 countries worldwide and its marketing policies are consumer oriented while maintaining and upholding the company’s corporate profile and image.
Unilever Zimbabwe formerly known as Lever Brothers Zimbabwe is among the few, who derive benefits from manufacturing products, that impact on most people’s daily lives. Unilever Zimbabwe is part of Unilever East and Southern Africa (ESA) which reports to Unilever Africa, Middle East and Turkey (AMET) which will directly report to Unilever headquarters in UK and the Amsterdam, Netherlands. On a regional level Unilever ESA including Zimbabwe reports to Unilever Kenya. Unilever Zimbabwe has a manufacturing site in Harare and a distribution depot in Bulawayo and employs more than 250 people. Unilever Zimbabwe manufactures many brands locally which include Omo, Key Blue, Geisha, Royco...
References: 1. Berry, T and Wilson, D (2000) On Target: The Book on Marketing Plans, Palo Alto Software, United States of America.
2. Etzel, M.J et al (1997), Marketing, Eleventh edition, McGraw-Hill Companies, New York.
3. Gilbert et al (1998) Marketing: Creating Value for Customers, Second edition, McGraw-Hill, New York.
4. Hoffman D.K. et al (2003) Marketing: Best Practices, Second edition, Thomson, Learning, Ohio.
5. Kotler, P and Keller, K (2009) Marketing Management, Twelfth edition, Prentice Hall, New Jersey. Piercy, N. (1998) Market-led strategic change: Transforming the process of going to market. 2nd Ed.
6. Jain, S.C. (2006) Marketing planning and strategy. McGrawhill, 6th Ed.
7. Berry, T and Wilson, D. (2000) On target: The book on Marketing Plans, Palo Alto software Inc, 1st Ed.
8. McDonald and Malcom (1995) Marketing plans. Butterworth-Heinemann.
9. Delozier, M.W. (1976) The Marketing Communications Process, New York: McGraw-Hill.
10. Doole, I. and Lowe, R. (2004) International Marketing Strategy, Fourth Edition, London: Thomson Learning.
11. Kotler, P. (2000), Marketing Management, 10th Edition, Prentice Hall International.
12. Internet Centre for Management and Business Administration, 2002 (NetMBA).
Please join StudyMode to read the full document