• Urban markets in India are already crowded and saturated.
• Rural India is undergoing a phenomenal changes.
• FMCG & consumer durable companies, which are basically “volume targeters” need to find new market regions and/or segments to sustain their topline & bottom-line. • Companies can exploit rural market segment/region to for new opportunities. • There are some organizations like HUL, ITC, LG, Mahindra etc. who are already benefiting from the rural focus through innovative ideas.
– Urban markets are already crowded & saturated.
– Agriculture’s share in overall GDP is going down, but, India still lives in her villages.
– Rural Marketing is a different ball game.
• Relational Level
– The understanding of “rural” is diffused and sometimes confusing. PESTEL factors affecting rural market is entirely different compared to urban marketing.
• OOB Thinking
– FMCG & consumer durables companies need to come up with innovative ideas on products, pricing, promotions & places (4 Ps) to penetrate into the rural markets & make a fortune. Need a real rethink of marketing mix for rural markets. Organizations have to work with local govt bodies & NGOs to create necessary awareness among the rural customers.
Statement of Problem/Opportunity
• Urban markets are crowded and saturated.
• Agriculture’s share in overall GDP is going down, but, India still lives in her villages. • Rural Marketing is a different ball game.
• The understanding of “rural” is diffused and sometimes confusing.
Scope of Analysis
• Rural Business Env, potential challenges & opportunities.
Rural Env Analysis
Political Heavy investment from govt in agri, irrigation, electricity, khadi, village industries & other infra facilities like roads, communication, schools, hospitals & banking
Please join StudyMode to read the full document