Module 1 Scientific Concepts and Methodologies Study Questions Topic: Scientific Methodologies
1. How is the scientific method and the process of science used to solve problems? 2. Explain and give examples of the following components of the scientific method: a. observation
3. How does creativity play a role in each of the steps of the scientific process? 4. What is the principle of falsifiability?
5. Define and give an example of the following items in science: a. fact
f. A field study
g. computational modeling
6. What is important when designing a controlled science experiment? 7. What did Galileo do to challenge Aristotle’s belief that heavy objects fall faster than lighter objects? 8. How might a systems approach be useful to study science? 9. How are science and technology similar and different?
Topic: Scientific Concepts
1. Define the following branches of science associated with the natural sciences: a. biology
2. Why is an integrated approach very helpful and useful in learning more about our natural world? 3. How does science differ from art and religion?
4. What are some examples of questions that science can answer? What are examples of questions that science cannot answer? 5. Define these terms/units of measurement, and describe what they might be useful in measuring: a. Kilograms
k. meters/second/second (m/s2)
q. grams per cubic centimeter(g/cm3),
6. What is the equation for work?
7. Can a simple machine reduce the total amount of work that is done to move an object? Why or why not? 8....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document