Write an essay that:
· Has a relevant thesis and supports that thesis with evidence from the documents.
· Uses all of the documents.
· Analyzes the documents by grouping them in as many ways as possible. Does not simply summarize the documents individually.
· Takes into account the sources of the documents and analyzes the authors’ points of view.
· Identifies and explains the need for at least one additional type of document.
You may refer to relevant historical information not mentioned in the documents.
1. Analyze the impacts of the Mongol Empire on Eurasia during their conquest and domination during the 13th and 14th centuries? Identify and explain the need for an additional type of document(s) that would help you further assess the impacts.
Historical Background: The Mongols were a nomadic people from the steppe lands of north and central Asia who were united under one khan, Temujin (Genghis Khan), in the early 13th century. The Mongols were very effective warriors on horseback and they utilized a variety of tactics in conquering almost all of Eurasia (China, Central Asia, Persia (Iran), and Russia). Prior to Mongol conquests, China was split into three kingdoms (with the Song being the most powerful), the Abbasid Caliphate was a shell of its former greatness, and Russia was loosely controlled by princes in various cities. There have been many names used to refer to the Mongols: Mughal, Tartar, Mogul. Eventually, each khanate collapsed because of economic problems and political infighting by the late 14th century.