Impact of the Ipod

Topics: Apple Inc., ITunes Store, IPhone Pages: 3 (1066 words) Published: December 6, 2012
Kris Sahadeo
Professor Brito
Enc 1101 T/R
8 November 2012
The Impact of the iPod
“Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something” (Jobs). The iPod is the most well designed mp3 player in the market today. One of the main things consumers like so much about it is originality. The creators of the iPod did not do so by studying others, they used their own ideas, own imagination and had their own motivation. The iPod impacted the music industry and accessory business more than any other music device. The iPod transformed the consumer electronics industry. One of the best things about the iPod is the simple design; there are no unnecessary buttons or switches, just one single element to browse through your music library. iPod is made from high quality materials like stainless steel and glossy glass. It is not just the hardware that made the iPod so impressive; The user interface had an enormous impact on the market. Ipod is made for all different types of age groups. From little toddlers playing with fisher price apps to senior citizens playing bingo. Since the Apple Company has been established it has been spearheading the electronics industry., This remarkable little device changed the way everyone listens to music. It also created a market for so many different devices and made all of those companies thrive. All of these devices including sound docks, iPod integrated cars, and accessories would be obsolete without the iPod. The relationship between this amazing product and its accessories has never been stronger. The more the iPod sells, the larger the market for accessories. No competitor of the iPod has come close to accomplishing what the iPod has accomplished. Since the iPod was released, it has maintained 70% of the market share. All other devices are competing for the other 30%. All the other devices are merely trying to copy...

Cited: Bellis, Mary. “History of the ipod.” Inventors,, 23 Oct. 2001. Web. 06 Nov.2012. <>.
Elliott, Amy-Mae. "The Impact of the IPod." N.p., 23 Oct. 2011. Web. 04 Dec. 2012. <>.
McNulty, Scott. "ITunes: From 0 to 7.0." TUAW.COM. Scott McNulty, 14 Sept. 2006. Web. 04 Dec. 2012. <>.
Richtel, Matt. “Technology; Apple Introduces What It Calls an Easier to Use Portable Music Player.” The New York Times. 24 Oct. 2001. Web. 06 Nov. 2012. The New York Times. <>.
Wolf, Gary. "The Wired Interview." Conde Nast Digital, 17 Sept. 2003. Web. 04 Dec. 2012. <>.
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Ipod Essay
  • Ipod History Essay
  • assignmnent IPod Essay
  • Essay on impacts
  • Impact Essay
  • Impact Essay
  • Impact of It Essay
  • Apple IPODS Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free