Immigration

Topics: Immigration to the United States, Immigration, Illegal immigration, United States, Law / Pages: 4 (832 words) / Published: Jan 7th, 2014
Why be bothered by immigrants?
Immigration is a heated and contemporary subject in America, both in the White House and among the Americans. Currently, 11 million immigrants have their home in the shadows in America trying hard not to get caught by authorities and deported back to their native land sometimes leaving their family behind. The problem is dividing the country, and the Arizona state has taken it as far as to creating a set of immigration laws applying within the state borders. There is no doubt, immigration changes a country, but is it for the better or the worse? Is it necessary to be bothered by immigrants?

The pros and cons on the immigration subject are many, especially for the States where only 0.16 % of the population consists of Native Americans1 leaving the remaining 99.84 % to be immigrants or descendants of those who immigrated earlier. America has a long history of immigration dating all the way back to the Vikings and the Italian born explorer Christopher Columbus in 1492. This has made America what it is today, a country with a population reaching 316 millions and in addition to that the 11 million undocumented immigrants. It is a country with great diversity regarding race, ethnicity, religion, culture etc. The consequences are numerous, and they come both with positive and negative perspectives.

One of the major advantages is the innovation of the country and everything within. All foreign individuals bring along a bit of themselves and contribute to make the diverse American culture even more colorful. The States has welcomed more immigrants than any other country in the world and still admits more than 700,000 a year. The opportunities connected to America attract some of the most ambitious and brightest individuals from all over the world who feel unsatisfied with the possibilities they are given back home, take Albert Einstein for instance. This has placed America among the world leaders when it comes to innovation and

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Immigration
  • Immigration
  • Immigration
  • Immigration
  • Immigration
  • Immigration
  • Immigration
  • Immigration
  • immigration
  • Immigration