Unit 1 – Unit 7
Directions: Use your graded tests and Unit 4 & 5 notes to answer the following questions. You can find the answers for #’s 1 – 62 on Exam 1 (3rd Nine Weeks Exam) and #’s 63 – 100 on your unit notes. Write your answers in the space provided, below each question.
1. The ____ of every computerized device is a microprocessor.
2. Which of the following can be defined as a person who uses his or her expertise to gain access to other people’s computers?
3. Usually, when you log on to a computer that is connected to a network, you must type your _____.
4. Where do you usually find the Start button on your desktop?
5. What is the area on the computer screen where an application can be viewed and accessed?
6. Which of the following will shut down the computer, then automatically start it again?
7. What is the first screen you see when you start Microsoft Windows; it’s the main work area of the computer?
8. ____ is when a user enters information into a computer, and ____ is when a computer delivers information back to a user.
9. Which of the following can be defined as a large network that covers a large geographic area?
10. What are the last three letters of a website’s address that tells you what kind of site it is?
11. What is a device that lets your computer send data to and receive data from other computers or to a network?
12. What should you do if a webpage loads incorrectly or seems to stop loading?
13. What uses keywords plus special symbols to find the exact information you want by eliminating results that are too general or too broad?
14. Which of the following is the symbol for trademark?
15. When using information from a website, what page should you visit to find out what you are allowed to use?
16. To check the spelling and grammar in your document, which tab on the Ribbon would you click?***
17. Which button will exit Microsoft Word?***