• 1½ tsp Cumin
• 1 tsp Paprika
• 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
• Black Pepper (to taste)
• Salt (to taste)
• 2 Pita
• Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and preheat the broiler. • Combine cumin, paprika
, garlic powder, salt and pepper together. Set this mixture aside, to be used later. You can decide the quantity of salt and pepper according to taste. Keep the amount of pepper high, if you want to have spicy pita chips. • Now, cut the pitas into 8-12 pieces. To make thin chips, split each piece in half. Arrange the pita pieces on the baking sheet, forming a single layer. Spray with cooking spray. • Sprinkle the mixture that you had prepared earlier, evenly on the chips. If you want to make the chips very flavored and spicy, you can sprinkle the mixture generously on them. • Boil them for 3-5 minutes, or until they are golden brown in color.
• 16 ounces of garbanzo beans or chickpeas.
• ¼ cup of the water from a can of chickpeas.
• 3 to 5 tablespoons of lemon juice.
• One and a half tablespoons of Tahini.
• 2 cloves of crushed garlic.
• ½ a teaspoon of salt.
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
• Drain the chickpeas and then set aside the water that has been collected from the can. • Mix all the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender. • Add the liquid from the chickpea can and blend the mixture for about 5 minutes until the mixture is smooth and thoroughly mixed. • Place the mixture in a large serving bowl and then create a sort of well in the center of the Hummus mixture. • Add about 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil in this well and garnish with a bit of parsley. • Serve with toasted or warm pita bread or cover the hummus and refrigerate. • If you want you hummus spicy, then add a single sliced red chili or a bit of cayenne pepper. • Hummus can be kept...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document