SUBJECT : HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
ASSIGNMENT TITLE : FUNCTIONS OF HRM
SEMESTER : MARCH – JULY 2013
“ MH HOTEL ”
PREPARED BY : WOON WANG THONG SHENG
LEE ZUN ONN
GOH TEIK HAN
ARTHUR CHIN CHEE HAO
PREPARED FOR : MR KARUSIVA
Names of students that went to interview:
Woon wang thong sheng
Goh teik han
Lee zun onn
Date of interview:
5 May 2013
I. Introduction of Human Resource Management
Human Resource management is the skill of using employees. It is the art of managing people by resource to creative and innovative approaches; it is a science as well because of the precision and rigorous application of theory that is required. Human Resource management has 6 main functions which is:
* Selection & Recruitment
* Training & Development
* Performance Appraisal
* Labor Relations
II. Company Background
A total of 80 staff in MH hotel Ipoh and HR department has 3 staffs. Staffs that being interview in HR department : Ms Hasnah
MH Hotel Ipoh : PT 21 2695B, Jalan Median Ipoh 1A, Medan Bistari, Ipoh City, Ipoh, Malaysia 31400 MH Hotel Kuala Lumpur: Tower 2, Menara PGRM, No 6 & 8, Jalan Pudu Ulu, Cheras, Pudu, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 56100 MH Hotel Sungai Siput : Lot 3543, Sentral MH, Jalan Besar, 31100 Sungai Siput MH Hotel is a corporate butik hotel, there’s 111 rooms in MH hotel Ipoh and every room is different designed. MH Hotel Ipoh started to run their business in 22 December 2011. MH Hotel Ipoh has 4 seminar room, ball room, restaurant Unique and sky lounge. MH Hotel Ipoh has 21 floors and 3 floors for parking.
III. Questions and their answers of Human Resource Functions Selection and Recruitment
1) How do you recruit your employees?
-Available Vacancy or sometimes walk in interview
-Post recruit post in Jobstreet.com
-Advertising through fliers
2) How do you select your employees?
-Criteria, when they feel they have enough ability
3) What is the process that used in selecting candidates?
4) How long would be the probationary period for new employees? -3 months if performance is not good
-1 month if the performance is good
Training and Development
1) What are the different types of training that you use in training the employees? -On-Job training
2) How long is your training session?
-Follow senior for one week, after that if ok then no more training. 3) How do you access that the training is effective or not?
-Depend on each person
4) Does the training enhance their working effectiveness?
5) What are the important barriers in T&D at your organization? -depends on individual
1) What is the range pay for different level of employees?
2) Do you have any financial support plans for your employees? -Insurance
3) How many types of leave does the company provide to the employees? -Annual leave
4) What are the other benefits for the employees in your organization?
1) How do you evaluate the employees?
-Within three months, evaluate by giving form to the section head. Then section head will fill in the form for each employee’s performance. 2) Who is responsible for appraising the employees?
3) What is the appraisal methods used at your organization?
1) Can you describe the health and safety policy at your company? -No health and safety policy
2) What types of injuries are covered under OSHA?
-Damage during working
3) How did your company build a good and safety working environment for the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document