Human and Moral Value Development
* A French “philosopher-novelist who once said “ we humans are all beings in a situation, for they form us and decide our possibilities” VALUE
* It is derived from the Latin word “valere” means worth of something VALUES and HUMAN
* VALUES are intimately related to man especially in his drive to find meaning of his existence. * VALUES serve as the main thrust that propels human to reach his goals, his objectives, his aspirations and ambitions in life The 9 Aspects of VALUES
1. VALUES are chosen freely
* It does not enforce themselves to the person. It is invitational, freely and voluntarily * It is a human act
2. VALUES are chosen reflectively
* From the many alternatives, one must contemplate thoroughly in choosing and decision making 3. VALUES are chosen from alternatives
* The person chooses many alternatives of “values” that is present in his environment.
4. VALUES are prized
* The chosen values are appreciated, treasured and upheld.
5. VALUES are publicly affirmed by beholders
* Values are acknowledged by the person through performing activities based on the principles he or she recognized.
6. VALUES are acted upon
* Values are not merely treasured but are intended to be realized and performed.
7. VALUES are shared
* People tend to share their values to all from their family friends, neighbors and the society as a whole.
8. VALUES are continually cherished and done repeatedly
* If the chosen values create positive results, the person tends to repeat the said values.
9. VALUES become patterns of life.
* When values are done repeatedly, it now becomes part of the person’s life and daily . CLASSIFICATIONS OF VALUES
1. INTRINSIC and INSTRUMENTAL VALUES
* INTRINSIC Values are those which are considered as values in themselves EX: Health
* INSTRUMENTAL Values...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document