Human Resources Management (HRM)
Department of Management and Marketing
School of Business Administration
(replaces plan dated August 2005)
1. Citation of appropriate goals from Oakland University’s Mission Statement.
1. Current and Relevant (Faculty Development and Innovative Methods) 2. Prepare students for Careers
• Student Development
1. Campus (and nationally affiliated) Student Organization 2. Prepare students for Careers
2. Specification of academic unit goals that flow from the cited university goals.
• Increase educational effectiveness within the context of continuous improvement • Advance Student Knowledge
• Build collaborative relationships within the University and in the external community • Curricular review
3. Operationalization of the unit’s goals into objectives for student learning.
• The HRM degree objectives are attached as a separate document. • Briefly:
o Develop the skills needed to administer the personnel function o Develop an understanding of concepts and techniques needed to acquire, develop and utilize an organization’s human resources. o Learning objectives represent the common body of knowledge of the AACSB and the Society for Human Resource Management (as codified by the HRCI for the PHR certification exam).
4. Description of the methods by which progress toward the operationalized unit goals will be measured.
The HRM area within the SBA uses multiple methods to assess progress. The attached report details the methods. Not every method is used in each two year assessment cycle. In recent reports, the HRM degree was primarily assessed using Assessment Center methodology. According to William C. Byham (1996), Assessment Centers...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document