Hrm 590 Course Project Part a
The HR Receptionist will be responsible for Greets the public; provides general administrative support including answering phones, typing, scheduling appointments; complaint handling/tracking; employee applications. Providing assistance and directions to the organizations, on where to go to address their HR questions.
Essential Job Functions:
• Excellent phone etiquette with at least one year experience operating a telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
• Greet and Welcome employees and visitors to demonstrate good customer service
• Maintain personnel files in alphabetical order to maintain file organization.
• Excellent writing skills in order to prepare letters and related documents using Microsoft Word as well as (Excel, PowerPoint and Access) to communicate with employees and stakeholders of the organization.
• Assist Public and employees with personnel questions using the company policy and procedure to ensure the correct information is given.
• Sort and distribute incoming mails and faxes by departments to get to the intended recipient in a timely manner.
• Coordinate Director’s calendar Using MS Outlook Calendar to keep appointments, meetings and manage the director’s daily schedule.
• Previous Knowledge of administrative and pre-employment assessments is a plus.
Required Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Knowledge of a multi-line phone system with at least 2-3 years of receptionist and/or administrative experience.
• Previous knowledge of administration and pre-employment assessments.
• Two years of proven customer service experience (i.e. friendly attitude, listening, proactive and willingness to help).
• Three years or more experience using MS office software applications (MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) as well as MS Outlook
• Knowledge of using organizational alphabetical filing system and filing