Government Schemes/ Projects
Central Government Schemes
1. Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana, Ministry of Power - A scheme "Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana" for Rural Electricity Infrastructure and Household Electrification was launched for the attainment of the National Common Minimum Programme of providing access to electricity to all Rural Household by 2009. Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) is the nodal agency for the scheme. Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana to be continued during the Eleventh Plan period with a capital subsidy of Rs. 28000 Crore; allocation of Rs 5500 crore for FY09. 2. Rajiv Gandhi National Drinking Water Mission (RGNDWM), Ministry of Rural Development, Annual allocation plan 2007-08 was Rs.6,400 crore and Annual allocation plan 2008-09 is Rs.7,300 crore.
3. Rajiv Gandhi National Crèche Scheme for the Children of Working Mothers, Department of Women & Child Development, Ministry of HRD, New Delhi, Budgetary allocation 2008-09 - 91.88 crore.
Budgetary allocation 2009-10 - 91.52 crore
4. Rajiv Gandhi Udyami Mitra Yojana for benefit of NE entrepreneurs, Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Government of India, Budgetary allocation 2008-9 - Rs. 2.70 crore
Budgetary allocation 2009-10 - Rs.1.12 crore
5. Indira Awas Yojana, Ministry of Rural Areas and Environment - IAY is a CSS funded on cost-sharing basis between the Centre and the States in the ratio of 75:25. In the case of UTs, the entire funds are provided by Centre. The target groups for housing under IAY are households below poverty line living in rural areas, particularly those belonging to SC/ST and freed bonded labourers. Budgetary allocation 2008-09 - Rs. 7919.00 crores
Budgetary allocation 2009-10 - Rs.7914.70 crores
6. Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme - objective to provide social security to workers in the unorganized sector in a phased manner. Budgetary allocation in 2008-09 is Rs. 3,443 crore 7. Jawaharlal Nehru Urban Renewal Mission, Ministry of Urban Development, Govt. of India - 7 years time frame, 50,000 cr.
Budgetary allocation for 2008 - 9 - 10447.98 crore
Budgetary allocation for 2009-10 - 10713.84 crore
8. Jawaharlal Nehru Rojgar Yojna - Ministry of Labour and Employment - A Self- employment programme for urban poor 9. Rajiv Gandhi Shramik Kalyan Yojna, Employees' State Insurance Corporation 10. Indira Gandhi Canal Project, Funded by World Bank
11. Rajiv Gandhi Shilpi Swasthya Bima Yojana, Union Ministry of Textiles, in association with ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited 12. Indira Vikas Patra
State Government Schemes
1. Rajiv Gandhi Rehabilitation Package for Tsunami Affected Areas, Govt. of Tamil Nadu, Budgetary Allocation Rs.2347.19 crores 2. Rajiv Gandhi Social Security Scheme for poor people, Department of Revenue and Disaster Management, Govt. of Puducherry 3. Rajiv Ratna Awas Yojna - Congress party president and United Progressive Alliance (UPA) Chairperson Sonia Gandhi had announced that the Centre would give a package of Rs.1,500-crore for providing housing facilities to the poorer sections in Delhi, thus announcing the scheme. 4. Rajiv Gandhi Prathamik Shiksha Mission , Raigarh
5. Rajiv Gandhi Shiksha Mission, Madhya Pradesh
6. Rajiv Gandhi Mission on Food Security , Madhya Pradesh
7. Rajiv Gandhi Mission on Community Health, Madhya Pradesh
8. Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited is a Government Company established by the Government of Karnataka to cater to the housing needs of the Economically and Socially weaker sections of the society. Registered in April 2000, its authorised Capital is Rs.10 crores with Rs.3 crore paid up. 9. Rajiv Gandhi Tourism Development Mission, Rajasthan
10. Rajiv Gandhi Computer Literacy Programme, Assam
11. Rajiv Gandhi Swavlamban Rojgar Yojana, Govt. of NCT of Delhi 12. Rajiv Gandhi Mobile Aids Counseling and Testing Services, Rajiv Gandhi Foundation 13. Rajiv Gandhi Vidyarthi Suraksha Yojana,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document