In this assessment you are required to establish guidelines for researching and gathering information and work with your staff to gather and evaluate the data.
You need to review existing policy and procedure documents (in the appendices of your Student Workbook) and develop guidelines for managing the process of gathering research information. You also need to identify and plan to acquire all resources necessary for supporting the project.
From the case study provided you are required to complete the following steps:
1. Develop guidelines reflecting organisational policy and procedures to be used for conducting research. These guidelines for research must provide information and guidance under the following headings:
Quality of data.
2. Meet with and commission a staff member (your assessor) to develop detailed work plans for how research will be undertaken, using the guidelines you have established. Make sure you agree on the format of the materials (print/electronic/oral, etc.) and a date for the provision of these materials.
When the staff member returns the plans to you, you will need to review the plans to identify the following and providing a written Work Plan Summary (document) – the steps below should be the main sections of your summary:
1. Resources: Identify all required resources to support the implementation of the plans by:
a. creating a list of all required resources
b. completing the Resource requisition/acquisition form provided for each resource.
2. Consultants: Identify preferred consultants by:
a. describing requirements for external consultants within the project plan
b. detailing selection criteria for selection of external consultants
c. identifying which consultant/s from the preapproved list is/are suitable.
3. Providers and suppliers: Identify preferred providers and suppliers by: