“ The Dog Who Wanted to Die” Reading Questions
Please answer the questions and submit them to your teacher. 1. Who were the worst renters yet?
A. The worst renters are Clapham’s .
2. How might Mr. Clapham react if children were playing road hockey in front of his driveway? How do you know? A. He would complain because they are making too much noise and cars driving fast pets running around. Because he doesn’t like anybody in the hood and he just complain about everything.
3. According to David, what does Monty look like?
A. Monty stomach was fat and bloated his legs were spindly his dull black fur was filled with crusts and scabs ,and bald red patches wit oozing sores
4. Does Monty enjoy the food the Clapham’s feed him? How do you know? A. I don’t think so because he doesn’t pay an attention to Monty but Monty had no choice he had to eat the entire bread and leftover food.
5. Is David usually a violent child? How do you know?
A. Well David had never hurt things before but this time he was violent because he picked up and stone and hut the dog on his head and he had to move away. But in the end of the story david take monty to the doctor and help him to live because he safed his life.
6. What is one of Monty’s suicide attempts?
A. Monty suicide attempts was every time a car came into the sight Monty would head into the center of the road and lie down on his side.
7. Does David get along with his father? How do you know?
A. No he doesn’t because he father left him alone and he asked his mom why he left she said because they separate from each other that’s why he doesn’t get alone with his father.
8. What does the narrator mean when they say “David came home from school one day in a mood as black as his hair”? A. That’s mean he’s an angry person and violent and maybe failing his grade in school..
9. What makes David decide to take in Monty?
A. He picked up a stick and he stopped because he knew there is something unusual at...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document