|Master of Business Administration Assignment Cover Sheet | | | |Student Number | | | | | | | | | |Module code |SHR012-6 |Assignment No. |1 | | | | |Module Title |Leading and Managing People | | | | | | |Module Tutor |Mark Holbourn | | | | | | |Due Date |13/11/2012 | | | | | | | | |[pic] | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Any organizations which need to be more successful and more professional it should set a plan to meet its target and also to achieve the organization’s main goals. The aims of this report are to highlight the link between organizational success, performance management, motivation, the relationship between performance management and rewards for staff incentive.
The company that the researcher selected for this report is the Electricity Holding Company S.A.O.C. (EHC) established in 2005.It is located in Muscat and it has nine subsidiaries. In addition to that, this report aims to discuss and analyze the elements of high performance and management within the Electricity Holding Company (EHC). It will also focus on Human Recourse Department in Electricity Holding Company which performs the roles of Managers, junior managers and staff. The researcher found from year 2010 until the current year that the management of EHC depends on the grading structure and does not depends on the performance of the staff, their experiences and their certificates. Moreover, as a result of the feedback, performance of the staff in EHC, the researcher analyzed the issue by using questionnaire. Thus, from the questionnaire the researcher found that the grading structure in the company affected the staff performance and their behavior which allow increasing the conflict within the...
References: • Latham, G. P., & Pinder, C. C.eds., (2005), Work Motivation Theory and Research at the Dawn of the Twenty-First Century, 485–516.
• Buchanan, D. A., & Huczynski, A. A.eds., (2010), Organizational Behavior, England: Pearson Education Ltd.
• Ashoton,D., & Sung, J.eds., (2002), supporting Workplase Learning for High Performance Working, Geneva: International Labour Office.
• Beardweel, I. (2001), An Introduction to Human Resourse Management:Strategy Style or Outcome?, Bardwll: Prentc Hall .
• Edwards, P.D., & Wrigh, M.S. (2002), High Involovement Work System and Performance Outcomes, the International Journal of human recourse Management, Bardwll: Prentc Hall.
• Edwards,P., Geary, J., & Sisson, K.(2002), New Forms of Work Organisation in Workplace, London:Cotinuum
• Buchanan, D., & Huczynski, A., (2010), Organizational Behaviour, Seventh Edition
• Kumar, R. (1999), Research Methodology, Second Edition. New York: SAGE Publications.
• Johnson, M., and Beehr, T (2011), Organization Behavior Management, 31(4),221-222.
• Pritchard, R. (1969), Organizational Behavior and Human Performance, 4, ( 2),176-211.
• http://www.ehcoman.com (Accessed 15 October 2012).
• http://www.google.com.om/hl=ar&9=punished+by+rewards=summary&oq=, (Accessed 10 March 2012).
• http://0ehis.ebscohost.com.brum.beds.ac.uk/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=3&hid=3&sid=d6cf7d33-c132-4dcc-9a96-362d5f7f7b6a%40sessionmgr10 (Accessed 10 October 2012).
• http://0ehis.ebscohost.com.brum.beds.ac.uk/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=3&hid=3&sid=d6cf7d33-c132-4dcc-9a96-362d5f7f7b6a%40sessionmgr10 (Accessed 24October 2012).
• http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/leadership.html#ixzz2BuhxtelR (Accessed 15 Septeber 2012).
• http://humanresources.about.com/b/2012/03/07/high-performance-organization.htm (Accessed10 Noember 2012).
• http://www.clemmergroup.com/high-performance-organization-structures-and-characteristics.php (Accessed 22 October 2012).
Please join StudyMode to read the full document