A Film Analysis of
My Sister’s Keeper
Project in English IV
Bianca Janis A. Del Valle
IV – ROE (ESEP C)
My Sister’s Keeper is a drama film directed by Nick Cassavetes. It’s about a child, Anna Fitzgerald, looks to earn medical emancipation from her parents who until now have relied on their youngest child to help their leukemia-stricken daughter Kate remain alive. The objective of the movie is teaching their mom how to let go and move on.
* Anna Fitzgerald (Abigail Breslin)
* She is planned to be born to be perfect donor match for her older sister Kate. She has undergone many surgeries during her life so she can help cure her sister Kate. * Kate Fitzgerald (Sofia Vassilieva)
* Sister of Anna and Jesse. When Kate was 2, she was diagnosed with APL. She was cured but had another very serious relapse when she was 5. Her kidneys are failing and her parents wanted Anna to give her a kidney but Kate told her not to, as she wanted to die. * Sara Fitzgerald (Cameron Diaz)
* Mother of Anna, Kate and Jesse. Is very protective of Kate, and therefore tends to neglect the feelings and needs of Anna and Jesse. Before Kate was diagnosed with APL, Sara used to be a lawyer. She represents herself during the trial. * Brian Fitzgerald (Jason Patric)
* Father of Anna, Kate and Jesse. He is a fire fighter and loves astronomy. One of his major hobbies is looking at stars in the sky while lying on the fire house roof. * Jesse Fitzgerald (Evan Ellingson)
* Dyslexic brother of Anna and Kate. He is off the rails, drinking alcohol and doing other drugs. * Taylor
* Kate's boyfriend. Taylor has AML and is 2 years older than Kate. They met at the hospital and went to a hospital dance together. He dies a day after the prom, leading to Kate being heartbroken. * Campbell Alexander (Alec Baldwin)
* A successful lawyer Anna hired for her case. Campbell is living with epilepsy...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document