3. An orthopedic group practice has decided to develop a pediatric sports medicine program. Identify potential target markets for this new service.
At the core of the marketing program is the target market, the group of customers whom the organization wishes to attract (Berkowitz, 2011). Potential target markets for a pediatric sports medicine program may be local schools and recreational parks with athletic programs. Many kids participate in sports at their school and/or neighborhood park so the orthopedic group should definitely target its pediatric sports medicine program marketing within these targets.
4. In developing the new pediatric sports medicine program (described above in question 3), what are some of the uncontrollable environmental factors to consider?
Some uncontrollable environment factors to consider in this market would be Economic factors, Social factors, and competitive forces.
5. A major concern for many health care professionals is the belief that marketing “creates” needs. Explain the complexity of this issue.
7. Explain the difference between existing customers, target markets, and stakeholders for an acute-care community hospital.
Existing customers would be the individuals/patients already using the facility. Target market is the group of customers whom the organization wishes to attract. Stakeholders are any group with which the firm has and/or wants to develop a relationship with (patients, board of directors, suppliers, physicians, employers).
2. Children’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, has long been considered an outstanding medical center specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric problems. This facility is linked academically to the Harvard University Medical School. Conduct a brief SWOT analysis for Children’s Hospital in light of the present...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document