UNIT 1 - PRINCIPLES OF COMMUNICATION IN ADULT SOCIAL CARE SETTINGS
In this assignment, you will complete tasks to demonstrate your understanding of the importance of communication in adult social care settings, and ways to overcome barriers to meet individual needs and preferences in communication. You will also address the issue of confidentiality.
There are two task to this assignment.
Short answer questions
1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.1, 2.2, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4
4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4
1. Describe two methods of verbal communication other than one-to-one conversation.
2. Describe two methods of non-verbal communication.
Body Language - Position, Facial Expressions & Gestures.
Writing/Reading - Emails, Letters & Care Plans.
3. Identify five different reasons why people communicate.
To express how their feeling.
To show emotion.
To get views across.
To Pass on Important Information.
Making sure their Needs & wishes are known.
Health and Social Care
4. Give two reasons why it is important to observe the reactions of an individual using the service when you are communicating with them.
It is important to observe the reactions of the individual so that you can be sure they are happy with what you've discussed and that they fully understand.
5. Explain why it is important to find out about an individual’s:
Communication and language needs.
It is important to know so that any problems can be identified and dealt with accordingly to their needs.
Wishes and preferences.
It is important so that the care and support needed is known & Effective for the individual.
6. Explain how good communication can have a positive effect on the way a social care worker interacts with:
it is really important that they communicate well with each other. They