Prepared for: MUSK Hair Oil
Prepared by: Kunal Delwadia
Date: 24th September 2013
MUSK Hair Oil
Oil of pride
Hair oil is a hair care product specifically intended to keep the moisture balance of the hair, as moisture is lost due to strong shampoos and harsh chemicals in water. It can also be considered as conditioner to make the hair soft and pliable. Hair oil can come from natural products such as coconut oil, fruit extracts, milk, lemon oil, rosemary oil and others. Modern hair oils contain fragrances from different natural sources of plants.
Musk Hair oil is available with rich coconut and almond mixture of hair oil products with soothing male and famine cent.
Indian Market in Hair Oil Industry:
Light Hair Oil Break Up:
5 C ‘s Of Marketing
1. The study of the 5 Cs of marketing arises is called situation Analysis. 2. Situation analysis is study of the current market or industry in which company wants to launch a new market. 3. In order to launch a new product, a company first needs to study market condition. 4. The conditions are about the number of competitors and their market share, the cost of producing the product, the profit ration etc. 5. So a quick SWOT analysis will reveal where does the company stand in the market and what strategy it should adopt in order to grab a MUSK’s share in the market.
The Five C’s are
1. Customer Needs
2. Company Skills
5. Climate or context
Customer Needs/ Company Skills/ Competitors through SWOT Analysis:
Red Cherry Multi Commodity Pvt Ltd
Personal Care brands - Hair care
“Oil of Pride”
New Product Launch of hair oil brand in India
Hair oil segment with natural ingredients (Coconut and Almond) Target Group
Youth and middle aged and Old men and women in urban and rural area. Positioning
1. A hair oil which nourishes your hair and maintains style at the same time 2. Positioned on the platform of purity and originality of coconut with best quality and resulting in shiny hair and a clear complexion SWOT Analysis
1. Newly Established product with male soothing fragrance and famine scents. 2. Provides shine and softness and makes hair healthy from inside
3. Contains trusted natural ingredients like Coconut and Almond 4. Strong distribution network across the country
5.Introduction of oil in the market with better fragrances, ingredients and innovation yet using traditional method to extract oil from raw Almond and Coconut. 6. Celebrity/ film star brand ambassadors
1. New Brand Launched recently 2. Will be Preferred by loyal customers, but youth find other brands attractive
such as Hair Gel and other hair care products 3.Sticky and oily, stains the pillow when used overnight Opportunity
1.Expansion in foreign markets
3.Innovation in other hair care products Threats
2.Threat from new entrants or local players selling oil with natural ingredients
3. Well established Brand Like parachutes and Bajaj Almond.
1. Market size and Growth: Total Market Size – 63% of the total Indian Hair Oil Market and growth is increasing 10% annually. 2. Market segments –Urban and Rural Men, Women with Young Age, Middle age and Older age. 3. Retail Channel – where does consumer actually purchase the product?: Product should reach every single possible household, Retail outlet. Kirana shop, Online and Purchase options on social networking sites with discounts. 4. Consumer Information source – where does the consumer obtain information about the product? Social media penetration, Road Shows, displays, Exhibition and discount offering strategies online, at retail outlets, Kirana...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document