Guideline on Handling Customer Difficulties and Complaints
Banking or any other business needs customer as first main requirement to achieve success. ‘No customer means No business.’ Customers are always right. When we are in business we make mistakes which will result in problems or complaints. These complaints are somehow good for business because they tell us what we do wrong and what our weakness is. First of all, customer feedback can help to avoid complaints. In order to get their feedbacks, we need to do the things as following:
* Ask new customers what attracts them to join our bank.
* Give current customers feedback forms, online surveys, phone calls, focus groups etc. to check the satisfaction percentage. * Analyze the customer survey and find out if there is any potential customer difficulty and resolve it as soon as possible. * List the existed difficulties and complaints and compare different solutions in order to find the most effective resolution. * Train staff to receive customer feedback from their behaviors. * Record all complaints and review them weekly, fortnightly. * Quick solutions
In our bank, following is the policy to take care of customer complaints:
* Greet customer
* Don’t let them wait for too long to be attended.
* Be a good listener.
* Try to get familiar with them.
* Make them feel comfortable.
* Try to get details of the problem.
* Try to calm them down, if they are angry.
* Try to find when and where the problem gets started.
* Take a note of the reason of complaint
* Explain politely.
* Give appropriate options
* While their waiting, offer complementary beverage.
* Give quick solution
* Do apology for the inconvenience
* Ask if there is anything else you can do for them.
* Give your business card for any further information and better relation. * Thank them for coming.
* Attend customer as soon as...
References: 1) www.customerservicepoint.com
2) Example from the class
Please join StudyMode to read the full document