CHAPTER – 1
Background of the Report
GrameenPhone is the leading Cellular Net Provider in Bangladesh. GrameenPhone started their business approximately 8 years. GrameenPhone is operating in the market for long time. During this time GrameenPhone went for different types of mergers as well as acquisitions. They gained success from the very beginning of their operation and were capable enough to hold the success year after year. GrameenPhone main competitors are AKTEL, BANGLA LINK, CITYCELL and TELETALK. One of the strongest sides of GrameenPhone is its customer’s service and management ship.
Objectives of the study
Grameenphone believes in service, a service that leads to good business and good development. Telephony helps people work together, raising their productivity. This gain in productivity is development, which in turn enables them to afford a telephone service, generating a good business. Thus development and business go together. The objectives of this study:
• To analyse long term customer management ship results.
• To have an overview of market position and market share. • To have an overview of the Technology used.
• To determine how Grameenphone is promoting their new services to their subscribers through tele-marketing. • To determine how they are motivating their customers to take their different services in tele-communication. • To determine Grameenphone cost advantages for telemarketing using through own infrastructure. • To determine the way of positioning their products among the existing subscribers. • To determine their customer retention policy.
• Effects of tele-marketing in revenue generation.
• Analyzing their strategy of subscriber’s attitude changing towards company.
Significance of the study
Grameenphone is dealing with customers on a daily basis; greater customer satisfaction will lead to greater customer loyalty. By promoting and retaining through tele-marketing they can achieve many advantages. Like –
1. Positioning: customer retention and raising satisfaction will help Grameenphone to identify its current position and hence find out ways to reduce the gap between loyal and disloyal customers. It will also help Grameenphone to identify future prospects for the company. 2. It helps to understand how customers feel about the company: it identifies behaviors and attitudes of the customers i.e. how customers feel about the company. This will help Grameenphone to be more responsive and to change their behavior towards the company. 3. Greater customer care adds value: the greater advantages will be – Reduced cost of sales due to better customer retention, profitability gains from expanded management ships and new revenue from customer referrals and the rate of using new services.
Methodology of the study
This study is based on the primary and secondary data. The primary data collection process was the informal interviews of different employees in Customer Management Division of Grameenphone and from the learning’s of my practical work experiences as Tele-marketing employee. There are 187 employees (fulltime & part-time) working there and I have chosen randomly from them to interview. The secondary data is collected from the Grameenphone brochures, websites, annual reports and some text books
Limitations of the study
I had to work within some limitations like –
ü Grameenphone a good number of employees in their Customer Managements division; I could not interview most of them due to office hour work pressure.
ü The Tele-marketing is new concept in Grameenphone, so gathering information was very critical.
ü Due to time constraints could not go through a depth research.
ü There is no numerical data available for tele-marketing to present calculative figures and to apply the tests.
CHAPTER – 2:
Telecommunication Industry in Bangladesh: An Overview of Grameen Phone
Since the introduction of mobile phones in August...
Bibliography: 1. GrameenPhone Website: www.grameenphone.com
2. GrameenPhone annual reports
3. Intranet of Grameenphone named: http//Neptune.exchange
4. GrameenPhone News Letter
5. Basic Labor Law of Bangladesh
6. A. A. Khan, Bangladesh Labor and Industrial Law, Pravati Prakashani, New Super Market, Dhaka, 2002.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document