1. A constitution is a document that creates the legal Framework for a government.
2. After the independence of Mexico Texas was politically a part of Mexico
3. Although many delegates to the 1875 convention were business professionals, farmers interest had an overwhelming influence.
4. Name the Texas constitution that allowed Blacks in Texas the right to vote – Radical Reconstruction
5. The constitution of the Republic of Texas was influenced by The U.S. Constitution
6. African Americans earned the right to vote in Texas with ratification of the 1869 constitution
7. Texas joined the Confederacy in 1861
8. The Republic of Texas was created in 1836
9. Under the Republic of Texas, slavery was legalized
10. The Constitution of Coahuila y Tejas was written under rule by the Mexican constitution of 1824
11. In order to legally secede from the United States, Texas would need???
12. The Texas constitution differs from the U.S. Constitution in length and process in choosing judges
13. In Texas, schools are governed at the municipal level.
14. Voting rights in Texas were originally limited by the use of Poll taxes
15. The Texas constitution has been amended 400 times, compared to 27 times for the U.S. Constitution.
16. Poll taxes, used in Texas until 1966, limited the voting rights of minorities
17. Elections of Texas governors and of board and commission members are staggered, leading to the ???
18. The Texas constitution can be described as being very detailed
19. Amendments to the Texas constitution with only a limited, local impact are voted on by all Texas citizens
20. The 1974 attempt to reform the Texas constitution was largely impeded by those wishing to gain independence
21. The traditionalistic and individualistic political subculture supported Conservative establishment.
22. The main lobbying opponent of the trial lawyers lobby has been the Texas Medical Association