Topics: Google, Web search engine, Google search Pages: 7 (2699 words) Published: May 5, 2013
Google Company

Anson Chan




Google Company

The prime purpose of this paper is to explain at length why the Google Company deserves being considered to be among the most successful and best companies in the world. It aims at explaining ways in which the company has created a roadmap for other Information Technology (IT) companies. The paper further seeks to explore what has contributed to the reputation accorded to this company. The second part of this work looks at the company as one of the world’s most secretive organizations. Google Company is a multinational company that was founded back in the year 1996. The company came into being as a PhD research project conducted by Sergey Brin and Larry Page. The two were taking their PhD studies at the Stanford University. The company specializes in the provision of internet related technological product and services. Such as software advertising technologies, online materials search and cloud computing. Google’s focus is to improve ways in which people connect with information. The mission of the company is to organize the world information, make it universally accessible and useful to users. Google has not only achieved great heights but also it have positively influenced people’s way of life. In fact, it has set a benchmark that other Information technology (IT) companies elsewhere can enumerate. This makes it right for the company to be termed as one of the most successful companies in the world today. One may wonder, how can the company be considered to be successful? The answer solely lies on the things that the company has undertaken and the way it has operated on these undertakings. The company’s driving force is to make information technology sharing more efficient and quicker. Its achievements and reputation can be attributed the explanation given herein. To begin with, the company offers a wide range of customer centered internet-related products and services. Currently, the Google search engine is the most dominant among the existing search engine. A recent research indicates that the search engine takes a loins share of the 72 percent of the search market share leaving the 28 percent to be shared among other search engine providers. The Google search handles more than 1 billion requests in a single day. The numerous number of search requests are handled by the company’s more than 1 million worldwide servers. One may ask; what has made this service that popular within such a short period? The answer to this question is simple, Effective and efficiency. This has made its use to be the most preferred over other search engines. It is also easy to use and provides search results quickly. This has improved many people’s lives especially students and researchers who do their academic research online. They can easily access the much-needed information. (Google Inc.). The success of the company’s search engine can also be attributed to its speed in processing information and having a wide range of information. Ten things we know to be true in its operation can be, the company emphasizes on the speed of its products and services. As stipulated in the article, Google may be the only company whose goal is to have its customers leave their website as quickly as possible having been satisfied with what they were looking for. This speed experienced in Google search is as a result of the kind of algorithms used. One of such algorithms is the PageRank. These features among others have made the search engine to gain popularity globally posing stiff competition to other providers. The Gmail service provided by Google can be considered as one of another reason for the company to be a successful company in the word. G mail is a webmail service for storing email data. It is an effective means of communication by use of emails. The reason as to why most people...

References: Edward, D. 2011. The Week . Inside the secret world of Google. Retrieved from
Ford, J. (2010, October 12). Greatest achievements of Google. Retrieved May 24, 2012, from
Inc., G. (n.d.). Ten things we know to be true: Google Company. Retrieved May 24, 2012, from
Vise, David A. 2005. Online Ads Give Google Huge Gain in Profit. The Washington
Post. Retrieved May 24 2012, from
Ben 2011, Google’s new record, 1 billion visitors in May It 's All Tech Retrieved May, 24, 2012,
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Essay on Google Docs
  • Essay about Google and It's Innovation Strategy
  • Google
  • google vs microsoft Essay
  • Google Search Essay
  • Essay about Google Case
  • Google Speech Essay
  • The Google Story Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free