Ghana Speech Preparation Outline
Title: My homeland: Ghana
Name: Emmanuella Asamoah
Course and section COMM 2200-005
Statement of purpose: to inform my audience about me.
Central Idea: Today I’m going to talk about my favorite things about Ghana
I. Attention: I am from this country ( holds up flag) Does anyone know what country this flag represents II. Topic: My name is Emmanuella Asamoah. I am from Ghana. It is located in West Africa. I was born and raised there but I moved here to the United States when I was 11 years old. Moving here was pretty hard but I got used to the American customs.
I. My home country is Ghana
A. Something about Ghana
1. Ghana is the first sub-Saharan country to gain independence from Britain in 1957. 2. The capital of Ghana is Accra
3. Ghana is divided into small groups that together speak more than 50 languages B. How I lived in Ghana
1. When I lived in Ghana my native language was called Twi
2. I was bilingual but my English wasn’t too excellent
3. I went to a private School and I was living with my parents as well.
(Transitional: Now I’m going to talk about moving to America) II. My New Home In America
A. The plane Ride
1. It took me a day to get to Tennessee. It was pretty long but fun because I got to shop at Amsterdam. 2. Also I got my first try at McDonalds
1. I honestly hated Tennessee for a while but I got used to it and now I love it. 2. I love the weather even though sometimes it’s bipolar.
I. Summary: Today I’ve told you about myself and where I am from. II. Close: I love talking about my culture and there’s a quote quoted by our first president it says “I am not African Because I was born in Africa but because Africa was born in me.”- Kwame Nkrumah
Please join StudyMode to read the full document