Choose one of the following topics and craft a 2-3 page essay. The writing should go to the middle of the 3rd page. Deductions will be made for every half page missing! You should have at least 2 quotations for each body paragraph. Follow manuscript format in your typed paper. Do not use research or outside sources for this paper. You will run your paper through TURNITIN before submitting it. The Great Gatsby thesis statement options:
1. F. Scott Fitzgerald uses the physical settings of The Great Gatsby to establish the identities of ________________ (choose 2 characters)
2. In The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald shows the corruption of material wealth through the characters of ______________ (choose 2-3 characters).
3. In The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald characteristics __________ and _________ through color and light imagery. (choose 2-3 characters-Daisy and Gatsby are good choices)
4. In The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald uses the setting of _________ (choose 2-3 settings) to convey that __________________ (select 1 theme from list). *Could replace “setting” with “symbols” if you like*
5. Fitzgerald’s characterization of _______________ (choose 2-3 characters) demonstrates that __________________ (choose 1 theme from the list)
6. F. Scott Fitzgerald weaves __________ and _________ (select 2 colors) throughout The Great Gatsby to present a contrast between __________ and ________. (Choose 2 characters).
7. Fitzgerald uses automobiles to show the corruption and carelessness of ____________ (choose 1 character).
8. Fitzgerald uses the significance of fruit symbolism and imagery in relationship to _______________’s life (choose 1 character).
Choose one of the following topics and craft a 2-3 page essay. The writing should go to the middle of the 3rd page. Deductions will be made for every half page missing! You...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document