The Great Gatsby thesis statement options:
1. F. Scott Fitzgerald uses the physical settings of The Great Gatsby to establish the identities of ________________ (choose 2 characters)
2. In The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald shows the corruption of material wealth through the characters of ______________ (choose 2-3 characters).
3. In The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald characteristics __________ and _________ through color and light imagery. (choose 2-3 characters-Daisy and Gatsby are good choices)
4. In The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald uses the setting of _________ (choose 2-3 settings) to convey that __________________ (select 1 theme from list). *Could replace “setting” with “symbols” if you like*
5. Fitzgerald’s characterization of _______________ (choose 2-3 characters) demonstrates that __________________ (choose 1 theme from the list)
6. F. Scott Fitzgerald weaves __________ and _________ (select 2 colors) throughout The Great Gatsby to present a contrast between __________ and ________. (Choose 2 characters).
7. Fitzgerald uses automobiles to show the corruption and carelessness of ____________ (choose 1 character).
8. Fitzgerald uses the significance of fruit symbolism and imagery in relationship to _______________’s life (choose 1 character).
Choose one of the following topics and craft a 2-3 page essay. The writing should go to the middle of the 3rd page. Deductions will be made for every half page missing! You should have at least 2