1. Scroll down the CBOFS website and click on now-cast under the water level icon. The water level animation which appears displays the most recent water levels in local time at a [ (1) (2) (3) ]-hour interval. 2. Water levels are reported in the animation relative to the MLLW in feet and are color coded in the animation with the lowest water levels (indicating low tide) most likely represented by [ (green to red) (blues and purples) ]. 3. The animation shows the tides moving through the estuary [ ( towards) ( away from) ] the mouth of the bay. Figure 2 shows water level changes during one tide’s journey through the Bay. 4. The times shown below the maps, indicate it probably took about [ (3) (6) (12) ] hours for the low tide to travel the entire length of the Bay. 5. In figure 2, mark the location of Kiptopeke ( Beach), VA, on the map to the left at 37.1 degrees N, 76.0 degree W (or you can find the location on the CBOFS website map). It is [ (northwest) (northeast) ]. 6. The comparison of the 0600 25 April Water level now-cast map in figure 2 with the predicted and observed water levels in figure 3 for the same time are consistent on showing the presence of a [ (low) (high) ] tide in the mouth of the bay. 7. Knowing the direction of movement of tides in Chesapeake Bay as seen in the water levels Now-cast animation, figure 2 reveals that this tide (identified in item 6) progressed about [ (half) (the entire length) ] of the bay in the subsequent five hours. 8. [ (low) (high) ].
9. [ (low) (high) ].
10. [ (diurnal) (semi-diurnal) ] tides.
11. [ (only into) (only out of) (into and out of) ] the bay. 12. [ (left) (right) ] as it advances.
13. [ (1) (11) (21) (31) ].
14. [ (1) (11) (21) (31) ].
15. [ (d0) (do not) ] mix.
16. [ (eastern) (western) ] side of the bay.
17. [ (less) (more) ].
18. [ (slow) (accelerate) ].
19. [ (photosynthesis) (cellular respiration) ].
20. [ (autotrophs) (heterotrophs) ].
Please join StudyMode to read the full document