Name: ________________________________ Date: ______________________ Block: ______ The Great Gatsby Webquest (20 Points)
Directions: Click on the provided links to find information necessary for answering the questions.
Describe the “Roaring Twenties.” Explore this site and its many links: http://www.192030.com/ PLEASE NOTE THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ON THE LEFT SIDE AND USE THEM AS LINKS TO HELP YOU ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS!
1. Flappers and the changing role of women in society 2. Impact of Prohibition
3. Conflicting views on jazz
4. Rise of the automobile (see also http://www.huffenglish.com/gatsby/automobiles.html)
5. Read this brief biography of F. Scott Fitzgerald. Describe some of the high points (good times) and low points (bad times) in Fitzgerald’s life.
6. What is an expatriate and is Fitzgerald one?
Definition: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/expatriate http://www.justlanded.com/english/Common/Footer/Expatriates
7. What is the “Lost Generation”?
The first link includes a video please use your earphones! http://educationportal.com/academy/lesson/thelostgenerationexpatriatewritersofthe20thcentury.html#l esson You will only be able to view a portion of the video without being asked to register for an account. Do not register for an account, the portion you will have free access to is enough. http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americannovel/timeline/lostgeneration.html http://hubpages.com/hub/ExpatriatewritersinParislostgeneration
8. What is “the American dream” and how does the concept of it relate to The Great Gatsby? http://www.inforefuge.com/demiseofamericandreamthegreatgatsby
9. What impact did Fitzgerald’s editor/publisher have on his work? http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Gatsby#Writing_and_publication http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell_Perkins
10. Where is F. Scott Fitzgerald buried? ...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document