* Keep your children away from gambling dens, and places that gangsters frequent. Gangsters are a threat to society and you can be considered a gangster if you are involved in any of these activities: * Extort money from shop owners, hawkers and the like.
* Receive payment for threatening others or to beat someone up. * Protect/cover-up gambling, prostitution, and drug trafficking syndicates. * Ransom people for money.
* Be a part of organised crime.
* Force anyone to join a gang and its illegal activities. * Attend a gang’s swearing-in ceremony.
* Engage in “table talk” or a fight with other gang members
Below are common criminal activities of gangsters:
* Hurt, injure or cause bodily harm to those who refuse to join the gang. * Collect money from new recruits.
* Extort “protection money” from businesses.
* Collect “protection money” from entertainment, prostitution and gambling dens. * Beat people up or destroy property of those who refuse to follow the gang’s commands. * Fight with another gang for a “territory”.
* Kidnap those who are wealthy for ransom.
* Manufacture and store dangerous weapons.
* Get paid to collect debts.