1) Type the sentences that answer the following questions:
A) What sentence is the topic sentence of the paragraph?
A trip to the ocean can be a relaxing escape from the everyday pressures of life. B) What sentence is unrelated to the topic and can be eliminated? You should always be careful to avoid overexposure to the sun at the beach.
2) List four things to look for when you're proofreading?
Spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization.
Moreover, it has to be grammar errors and spelling errors, instead of grammar & spelling. Also, it should be correct punctuation & capitalization. 3) Complete the following two steps:
A) Define the term cliché.
A Cliché is something that is used or overused, by people to make a point or add emphasis to something they are saying. √ B) Write one sentence that contains a cliché
You could solve your problem by facing it now.
4) Name and explain two types of prewriting.
Prewriting is a very important part of the writing process, because it helps a writer frame their paper and to get ideas to write about. When a writer is unsure what he/she can write about, that's when brainstorming come in. Brainstorming is a process where a writer just writes down ideas as they pop into his/her head (like I do). This helps a writer freely think about anything and does not block their ideas. When a writer is done brainstorming then he/she can review their ideas and that should help them find a good subject to discuss on their paper. Another type of prewriting is free writing;, you fill a piece of paper with any idea that comes to mind about your topic. Your goal is to come up with that one good idea ,and the best way to do that is to set your creative mind free. It produces raw, often unusable material, but helps writers overcome blocks of apathy and self-criticism. It is used mainly by prose writers and writing teachers. Free writing is not the same as automatic writing. Unlike brainstorming where ideas are simply listed, in free writing one writes sentences to form a paragraph about whatever comes to mind.
5) Choose one of the topics listed below and write a five-sentence paragraph using chronological order to arrange the details of paragraph. My favorite sandwich is a spicy roast beef, very delicious if you haven't noticed. Get two fresh slices of whole wheat bread, spread the spicy brown mustard on one side of each slice of bread. Add three thick slices of roast beef right on top of that yummy mustard, on one of the slices add red onions, two slices of tomato, and a slice of green leaf lettuce on top of the other slice of bread. Now, place the two slices of bread together to complete this amazing scrumptious sandwich. Finally, cut the sandwich in half, and serve it on a plate with a handful of your favorite chips, mine will be nacho cheese Doritos, enjoy.
6) Choose one of the following topics. Write an eight-sentence paragraph that fully develops the topic.
Advances in technology are making people less social. The technology world is developing and getting stronger everyday causing people to be less social, the world is shifting to 140 character status update. Technology has taught people that there isn't a need to get out your house at all, as you can order your shopping online, talk to people, watch films and practically do anything without moving from your sofa or bed. People no longer write long letters or even write emails to each other painting pictures emotions. Does technology and communication lines make our communications more meaningful? Seeing a post from a childhood friend " I am fine today, School is going good", makes you feel guilty that your friendship is falling to the wayside. The real tangible connection of hearing them speak as a real conversation is conducted over a status update reply. As you go through your updates with your connections, how much time do you read into a status, think about the individual and wonder what else is going on with them? If not, then those are just updates and check in with the world that you are still in. Either way, the expanse of connectivity is actually not improving communications but maybe beginning to destroy the interacting aspect of it