General Knowledge World games
No. of Players
No. of Player
1 or 2
General Knowledge of World Important Events and Sports Records • Davis cup is for tennis.
• Thomas cup badminton is for men only.
• Uber cup is for badminton.
• Each team in volleyball consists of 6 players.
• Antoly Karpov, the world chess player belongs to Russia. • Modern Olympic Games were first held in Athens.
• ICC has 10 members and it was founded in 1965.
• Lowest total in cricket is 36 by Canada.
• Tennis player steffi graf belongs to Germany.
• Natwest trophy is for cricket.
• The Swythiling cup is related to Table Tennis.
• Morocco cup is for cricket.
• First modern Olympic games were held in 1896 in Athens.
• First women competed in Olympic games in 1912.
• France and which country contested first ever world cup match Mexico • The number of countries which participated in the first Olympic Games held at Athens was Nine • Who owns The Oval cricket ground- Prince Charles
• Who among the following batsmen achieved the feat of hitting six 6s in one over for the first time in international cricket during the World Cup 2007 Herschelle Gibbs • Where were the first winter Olympics held in 1924 -Charmonix France • FINA is the governing body of what amateur sport-Swimming • FITA are the governing body of what sport-Archery
• A Lady Paramount judges at what sport- Archery
• First cricket cup was played in England in 1974.
• First Asian Games were held in New Delhi in 1951. From 1954 they were held every four years. • Baron Pierre de Coubertin was founder of the modern Olympic Games. • Bunting is a term in the game of Baseball.
• Grand Master is a term in Chess.
• Grand Slam is a term in sports associated with Bridge as well as Lawn Tennis. • Martina Hinges is the youngest woman tennis player to win three major singles titles in one season. • Iron- a sports term is associated with Golf.
• McDowell Cup is associated with football.
• Olympic Games were held twice in Paris and London.
• Paralympics are the games for disabled.
• Uber cup is associated with Badminton.
• Yankee Stadium is associated with Boxing.
• World’s oldest sports daily is Gazetta dello Sport of Italy. • Val Barker Cup is awarded in the Olympic Games in Boxing. • The Paralympics Games 2008 were held in Beijing.
• Asafa Powell is 100 m sprinter.
• The term “Stalemate” is related to the game of Chess. • With which sport is the term ‘butterfly’ associated? Swimming • Next Football world Cup in 2010 is in…..South Africa
• How many rings on the Olympic flag: Five
• Who ran the first marathon: Phidipedes
• What colour is the cap given to an England cricket player-Blue • What held up a Cricket test Match between England Pakistan-Mouse on pitch • What is the first race in the Grand Prix season-Brazilian • By Olympic rules what must have 14 feathers Badminton Bird • How is the Olympic torch lit- By the sun in Greece
• Martina Navratilova belongs to Czech Republic.
• Tour De France is French cycle race.
• National game of Switzerland is skiing.
• What has 32 panels and 642 stitches-A football (soccer)
• In Tennis where is the Australian Open played-Flinders Park • What Olympic event was dropped in 1920-Tug of War -1900 to 1920 • FIDE govern what game -Chess.
• Footballer Zaidane originally belongs to which country? Algeria • What has 32 panels and 642 stitches-A football (soccer)
• First British open squash championship played in 1922.
• First world squash championship 1976.
• Jhangir khan has won world open 6 times.
• Wimbledon open tennis was instituted in 1877.
• A winner of four competitions (Wimbledon, French open, us open, and Australia open) is called Grand Slam. • Most Wimbledon single (Men) title are won by Pete Sampras...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document