SPECIAL PRODUCT GROUP
Founded in 1984, the Fossil brand was the springboard for everything the company has become for more than a quarter of a century. Fossil prides itself on its commitment to American vintage inspiration. This commitment has allowed for a strong retail presence globally, with more than 400 retail locations, 4,000 wholesale locations and 13,000 employees worldwide.
Alongside the Fossil Brand, the company is constantly developing its multi-brand portfolio. Their diverse portfolio of world-class brands gives them a unique position in the global marketplace. And they’re only getting bigger.
This global foundation has allowed for sustained growth which propelled Fossil into the S&P 500, marking its place among the 500 leading publicly traded companies in the United States.
Fossil products (and its lifestyle brand) are distributed in 80 countries, bringing in upwards of $500 million in net annual sales. TIME LINE
The Company is founded during a time when the category of fashion watches is just starting to emerge as an important part of department store accessory assortments.
The Company introduces the first Fossil® brand watches
• Fossil introduces its iconic “tin box” packaging with designs inspired by graphics from the American fifties.
• The packaging is a hit with consumers and Fossil begins packaging all of its watches in tin boxes.
• Fossil translates its accessories expertise into a new market, launching a range of small leather goods and belts for women.
• Fossil, Inc. goes public on the NASDAQ exchange as FOSL.
• Fossil launches a line of men’s small leather goods including key chains, personal organizers and wallets.
• Fossil opens its first outlet store.
• Fossil.com is launched, making the brand one of the pioneers of watch and accessories e-commerce.
• Fossil introduces handbags.