SPECIAL PRODUCT GROUP
Founded in 1984, the Fossil brand was the springboard for everything the company has become for more than a quarter of a century. Fossil prides itself on its commitment to American vintage inspiration. This commitment has allowed for a strong retail presence globally, with more than 400 retail locations, 4,000 wholesale locations and 13,000 employees worldwide. Alongside the Fossil Brand, the company is constantly developing its multi-brand portfolio. Their diverse portfolio of world-class brands gives them a unique position in the global marketplace. And they’re only getting bigger. This global foundation has allowed for sustained growth which propelled Fossil into the S&P 500, marking its place among the 500 leading publicly traded companies in the United States. Fossil products (and its lifestyle brand) are distributed in 80 countries, bringing in upwards of $500 million in net annual sales.
The Company is founded during a time when the category of fashion watches is just starting to emerge as an important part of department store accessory assortments. 1985
The Company introduces the first Fossil® brand watches
• Fossil introduces its iconic “tin box” packaging with designs inspired by graphics from the American fifties. • The packaging is a hit with consumers and Fossil begins packaging all of its watches in tin boxes. 1992
• Fossil translates its accessories expertise into a new market, launching a range of small leather goods and belts for women. 1993
• Fossil, Inc. goes public on the NASDAQ exchange as FOSL. • Fossil launches a line of men’s small leather goods including key chains, personal organizers and wallets. 1995
• Fossil opens its first outlet store.
• Fossil.com is launched, making the brand one of the pioneers of watch and accessories e-commerce. • Fossil introduces handbags.
• Fossil launches an extensive collection of clothing and denim sold exclusively in FOSSIL clothing stores and on fossil.com. • Fossil opens stores in UK, Germany and Singapore.
• Fossil introduces jewelry in Germany
• Fossil, Inc. acquires MICHELE watches.
• Michael Kors announces a partnership with Fossil, Inc. for men and women’s timepieces. • Fossil, Inc. announces a partnership with Marc Jacobs for men and women’s timepieces. • Fossil, Inc. enters a worldwide watch licensing agreement with ADIDAS.
Fossil, Inc. enters a new worldwide licensing agreement with DIESEL for jewelry.
• Fossil announces license agreement for MICHAEL KORS jewelry. • Fossil changes its official brand tagline to “Long Live Vintage.” • Fossil signs global licensing agreement with Karl Lagerfeld. • Fossil, Inc. consolidates its headquarters into one campus, Fossil Central Station, in Richardson, Texas outside of Dallas.
Fossil acquires Skagen Designs.
Fossil have this saying around the company: All For One. It’s a testament to how much better they are when they work together. Even though Fossil employs thousands of people from all over the world, they share the same story, and that’s what’s important. It’s a call to action they’re eager to answer and a mentality they’re proud to adopt. Feeling comfortable and inspired at work is an absolute must, so they do their best to instill a home-away-from-home atmosphere. CORE VALUES
At Fossil, they do a lot of things. They create watches, jewelry, leather goods, and apparel like it’s their job (…and it is). They test boundaries regularly, and use words like “relentless” and “authentic” daily. They understand that our products are only as strong as the stories they tell. So they create with heart, and sell with soul. They’re able to do all these things because passion is at their core. In fact, their passion is what drives everything around, including the two core businesses: the Fossil brand and...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document