“Life’s like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get next.” This is just one of many unforgettable charming quotes that can easily be identified as a classic line from Forrest Gump. This line typifies the way Forrest Gump has come to look at the world; it’s another one of his profound life philosophies. Forrest Gump takes us all on his fascinating journey throughout four decades of his marvelous life. He shows us his incredible experiences, discoveries, and unbelievable accomplishments. Forrest Gump is an outstanding film that has awed, entertained, and inspired millions of viewers over the past thirteen years. The movie grabs us by the hand and takes us on a journey that touches our hearts and can often make us laugh. This is a truly remarkable movie that should easily be put among the 100 best films of all time because it shows a dramatic change in the characters’ lives, has a successfully displayed message, and is put together very well from every aspect. The movie is full of dynamic characters that drastically evolve throughout his fascinating lifetime. People of all ages can enjoy and appreciate this masterpiece because it takes place over four decades of Forrest’s life. It goes through his childhood in the 1950s where he struggled to keep up with other children because he has such a low IQ. In the 1960s, graduates from college, fights in the Vietnam War, and wins the Medal of Honor. Also, he has the opportunity to meet John Lennon, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon B. Johnson, and Richard Nixon. He continues to serve in the army on the ping pong team while struggling to find a romantic relationship with his lifetime love, Jenny. By the 1980s, Forrest is a rich man due his shrimping business, he has a son, he marries Jenny, and runs across the entire country several times. Tom Hanks puts on an outstanding performance and interpretation of this magical character. His voice is perfectly executed as a slow, southern accent with a...
Cited: 1. Ebert, Roger. "Forrest Gump." www.rogerebert.com. July 6, 1994. The Sun Times. 1 Mar 2007 .
2. Guthmann, Edward. "Hanks is magical in Gump." www.sfgate.com. April 28, 1995. San Fransisco Chronicle. 1 Mar 2007 .
3. Null, Christopher. "Forrest Gump." www.filmcritic.com. 1999. Film Critic. 1 Mar 2007 .
4. Thompson, Desson. "Forrest Gump." www.washingtonpost.com. The Washington Post. 1 Mar 2007 .
5. Travers , Peter. "Forrest Gump." www.rollingstone.com. 1994. Rolling Stone. 1 Mar 2007 .
6. Puccio , John J.. "Forrest Gump." www.dvdtown.com. august 24, 2001. DVD Town. 1 Mar 2007 .
7. Berardinelli, James. "Forrest Gump." www.reelreviews.net. 1993. reelreviews.net. 1 Mar 2007 .
8. Faires, Robert. "Forrest Gump." www.austinchronicle.com. July 15, 1997. The Austin Chronicle. 1 Mar 2007 .
9. Dequina, Michael. "The Movie Report." www.mrbrownmovies.com. June 13, 1995. Mr. Brown Moview. 1 Mar 2007 .
10. "Forrest Gump." BBC.CO.UK. March 1, 2007. BBC. 1 Mar 2007 .
Please join StudyMode to read the full document